Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oddball 55/1.7 Auto-Flex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Oddball 55/1.7 Auto-Flex Reply with quote

Hi all,

just registered because I need a little help in identifying with this one.. I recently bought a 55mm f/1.7 M42 lens which looks like this:

(excuse the quality of the pic, not taken by me..)

go to -> www.noname00.org/media/autoflex-55-1.7.jpg

I've tried searching hi and lo, but no real results. All I know it's japanese, and that it *might* be a Konica-manufactured piece of glass but there doesn't seem to be any pointers as to whether this is the case or not. So either it's really rare or I'm just out of luck..

So.. is it a copy of another lens, who is it made by etc. Any clues would be helpful Smile

TIA,

-lars

EDIT: the forum is breaking the links - even though the post preview looks right, after submitting it's broken. so just copy+paste that url or drag it onto your address bar... *sigh*

Last edited by larsr on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Oddball 55/1.7 Auto-Flex Reply with quote

larsr wrote:
Hi all,

just registered because I need a little help in identifying with this one.. I recently bought a 55mm f/1.7 M42 lens which looks like this:

(excuse the quality of the pic, not taken by me..)

pic here

I've tried searching hi and lo, but no real results. All I know it's japanese, and that it *might* be a Konica-manufactured piece of glass but there doesn't seem to be any pointers as to whether this is the case or not. So either it's really rare or I'm just out of luck..

So.. is it a copy of another lens, who is it made by etc. Any clues would be helpful Smile

TIA,

-lars

edit: couldn't work the img linking out..

Till I know, it's not a konica glass. They did a 40, 50, 52 and 57/8 mm lens, but not 55 mm like your lens is.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum software is really breaking the image linking and I can't seem to get it right..

so just copypaste this onto the address bar:
www.noname00.org/media/autoflex-55-1.7.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it came out of the Mamiya-Ricoh-Chinon-Cosina-Yashica-Sears-Porst mold. The universal Japanese normal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen these as standard lenses on Chinons. It also looks identical to the Auto Chinon 55/1.7, so it may well be just that, but rebranded.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks just like my Hanimar 55/1.7, which in turn is a re-branded Chinon. Single-coated, resolution falls off quickly towards the edges. A Japanese Helios-44 in all respects.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, this cleared a lot. Now if only one could distinguish who or what the original manufacturing factory was..

Cross-reference: http://forum.mflenses.com/3-x-auto-chinon-55-1-7-compared-t17626.html