Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lumix Panasonic L1 Olympus and manual lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Lumix Panasonic L1 Olympus and manual lenses Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic L1 and it does not require a chip on the adapter to activate the focus confirmation - I understand that on Olympus cameras this is not the case? I've just got an E1 (so that I can use my myriad of MD lenses) so I'd appreciate any advice / experience.

Thanks

Doug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Olympus E-1 to get focus confirmation need to take chipped adapter.

I bought a split screen for my camera to get more accurate focus confirmation . It has disadvantage too , need to compensate light meter at every aperture with different value. (Due split screen getting more and more darker if aperture is stopped down)
I wasn't satisfied with camera sharpness, default setting is pretty soft , perhaps reason is this camera marketed as wedding camera in USA. I did change sharpness and saturation in camera settings. Now it is a lovely camera I am perfectly happy with that.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I bought a split screen for my camera to get more accurate focus confirmation . It has disadvantage too , need to compensate light meter at every aperture with different value. (Due split screen getting more and more darker if aperture is stopped down)
I wasn't satisfied with camera sharpness, default setting is pretty soft , perhaps reason is this camera marketed as wedding camera in USA. I did change sharpness and saturation in camera settings. Now it is a lovely camera I am perfectly happy with that.

Hi Attila,
Does this mean that you aren't shooting in RAW?.
Which split focus screen did you put in?. I'm thinking in getting one for mine, up to now I've been able to focus with the standard one, but sometimes (specially with short focal length lenses) gets more difficult...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up Attila! I wonder why the Panasonic does not require an adapter to give the green light focus confirm? I understood it has an Olympus mirror box and finder and the contacts on the 4/3 lenses - and therefor I guess the metering etc... are all the same, but???

Anyone know whether the E-330 - the bastard brother of the Panasonic L1 - needs a chipped adapter as well?

Doug

quote="Attila"]I have Olympus E-1 to get focus confirmation need to take chipped adapter.

I wasn't satisfied with camera sharpness, default setting is pretty soft , perhaps reason is this camera marketed as wedding camera in USA. I did change sharpness and saturation in camera settings. Now it is a lovely camera I am perfectly happy with that.[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis101 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up Attila! I wonder why the Panasonic does not require an adapter to give the green light focus confirm? I understood it has an Olympus mirror box and finder and the contacts on the 4/3 lenses - and therefor I guess the metering etc... are all the same, but???

Anyone know whether the E-330 - the bastard brother of the Panasonic L1 - needs a chipped adapter as well?

Doug

quote="Attila"]I have Olympus E-1 to get focus confirmation need to take chipped adapter.

[/quote]

Company policy only , they disabled it. Like Nikon D50 had focus confirmation but no metering.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Attila wrote:

Hi Attila,
Which split focus screen did you put in?. I'm thinking in getting one for mine, up to now I've been able to focus with the standard one, but sometimes (specially with short focal length lenses) gets more difficult...

Regards.
Jes.

I shoot in RAW an Jpeg both, but don't need to shoot in RAW at all,JPEG is perfectly fine. Camera settings works very well.

I am using Katz-Eye split screen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Jesito wrote:
Attila wrote:

Hi Attila,

Regards.
Jes.

I shoot in RAW an Jpeg both, but don't need to shoot in RAW at all,JPEG is perfectly fine. Camera settings works very well.

I am using Katz-Eye split screen.

Thanks Attila.
The Katz-eye is a very good scren. I han one for the Canon, long ago, and worked really well.

Regards,
Jes.