Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 35-105 f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 35-105 f3.5 Reply with quote

Hello

Does anyone have any experience with this above lens? Is a Tokina lens with a fixed OM mount. It was an impulse buy, yet again Laughing Problem is, I will need an OM adapter for my EOS 300d if I am to use it.

So is it worth buying an adapter for?

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this as a TX interchangeable mount. It acquits itself nicely.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used the Vivitar 55-135mm f/3.5 and thought it was quite sharp for a zoom.
Like yours it was also a serial # 37... (Tokina).

I would expect your 35-105mm to be a goodie also.
I've also used a other Vivitar/Tokina lenses and all were quite
good in their class, I thought.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bu88er me! First one of them I've seen apart from mine, in years. Mine's a 37 too.
I've come to the conclusion they are a bit rare, try looking them up and you'll find almost no reference to them anywhere, that I could find anyway.
Mine was fine on my OM, actually it was a nice lens, if a bit on the heavy side, but unluckily it got forgotten about in a kit bag for ages and it's now heavily fungused Shocked
I intend to clean it up, sometime.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, might get an adapter then Smile It certainly seems well made and has a hugey 72mm filter thread Shocked

And Farside, you are right...I really struggled to find info on this one...