Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Takumar 1:2.3 35mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Auto Takumar 1:2.3 35mm Reply with quote

One of my forum buddies in P.F. knew that I liked lenses with Boozy Bokeh, or as I like to call them Trippy lenses. The Meyer Trioplan is a good example.
Anyway Josh had his Tak 35 2.3 that he sold me, unfortunately it came the same week as my Tair 11A and that lens has barely left the camera.

I tried the Tak 35 the first week but just could not get the OOF look I was after. A very fickle lens... that does not seem to perform on demand.

The other day I put it on the camera and took a few test shots. Believe me it is not "Love at first click" like my Helios 44, Jupiter 9, Tair 11a, or the Trioplan... but maybe if I spend some quality time with her she will give me what I want... but man this lens is a beautiful design and very different in 'looks' from my Super Taks or SMC Taks. I do love the color from it, almost looks a little like my CZ Super Dynarex 135 in the color dept.

A few test shots on the Pentax 20d... mostly wide open. Still not the trippy examples that Josh was able to get, but...

And the inspiration for posting this... The Menace

a little motion blur, but it is hard to keep The Menace still...

[/QUOTE]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On last image eyes are fantastic!! Superb capture!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely images Smile

I like this lens too, it has very strong character wide-opened and is very sharp with zero CA stopped down.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Attila comment +1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with all the above

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I did not get a chance today to shoot anymore with the lens... But tomorrow is a go for sure.

No-X, I did not realize it was a good lens in the PF/CA department. I thought being an early design,
with that big chunk of glass in the front that it might have issues That is good info.

As I said, I do like the colors I get thru it. Tomorrow is another day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, great results
who did the make-up to Menace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRAVO!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo Gus !!!

May I order a new work ?

I'd like a green menace among the trees wich would suit very well her eyes. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an old lenses, this takumar is a "hard" lens. Very good resolution, something cold, very good contrast.

All the thing that I like in a lens.

And very nice pics, endeed.

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Attila comment +1 (one more) Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Fantastic rendering of contrast and colour - lovely work!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 with Rino!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic samples!

Like the last shot the most, but the bokeh in flower shots is amazing also.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Attila.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila comment +2 or is it +3? Nice shot.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus Helios wrote:
No-X, I did not realize it was a good lens in the PF/CA department. I thought being an early design,
with that big chunk of glass in the front that it might have issues That is good info.

As for sharpness and CA (f/11):

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you are right no-X... I would have thought the CA would have been all over those tree limbs. Thanks for the example. I still have not used it on wide landscape shots, but in my little backyard test shots I am blown away by the color I get with it.
And it looks good in the sun and does ok in the shade...

But the red on this rose is spot on...

Thanks again for all the positive feedback everyone. These old lenses can get ignored on some of the other forums. It is nice to be here with others who enjoy the magic of recycling.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the bokeh.
Awesome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus Helios wrote:

Thanks again for all the positive feedback everyone. These old lenses can get ignored on some of the other forums. It is nice to be here with others who enjoy the magic of recycling.

+1000 !
I do agree Gus.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not agree with the color rendition, contrast. I used to use this lens on a full frame, but does not reflect the colors well. But I think, however, that the glass for brilliant :) It's really something special.

On the right is a module google translate to your language settings : lens.foto-snajper.pl/asahi-optical-co-auto-takumar-35mm-f2-3