Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help on SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Help on SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8 Reply with quote

Hi, recently I got this lens but the Auto/Manual tab got stuck at Auto, I can't push it to Manual. I tried pushing the pins but it won't work. Is it spoil or there is special technic to release it ? Thanks

Its the early SMC version according to this site, the 2nd photo

http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/showproduct.php?product=267&cat=23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Help on SMC Takumar 55mm f1.8 Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:
Hi, recently I got this lens but the Auto/Manual tab got stuck at Auto, I can't push it to Manual. I tried pushing the pins but it won't work. Is it spoil or there is special technic to release it ? Thanks

Its the early SMC version according to this site, the 2nd photo

http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/showproduct.php?product=267&cat=23

There is a little pin on the mount that you need to depress while switching between manual and auto. It is specific to Taks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I did the same with a SMC 50/1.4 I got at goodwill. For 6 months I figured it was broken and a tax write off Laughing

The pin is really tiny, it is on the flat surface of the mount where when you mount the lens on a camera it gets pushed in. Unless the camera's a SP-F or ES/ES-II which have a groove to keep the pin non-pushed - this to lock the lens into Auto for the open aperture metering.

This pin 'feature' is specific to SMC and S-M-C Taks only, Supers etc do not have it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ic ! Thanks guys ! Its the tiny round with tiny pin inside beside the screwmount right ? Think I saw that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the one. It is a bit confusing until you press it or mount the lens!!!