Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elicar 135mm haze
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Elicar 135mm haze Reply with quote

Just bought an Elicar 135mm lens on Ebay, no rude surprises as the vendor did say there was haze in the lens so it was a very cheap buy. Anyone know if I'm up for a rude surprise when I open it up to clean it. The rude surprise would be glued elements with the glue having gone off. The area the lens comes from in Australia is Queensland where they have had a lot of flooding so my guess is the haze came from condensation inside the lens covering the lens elements with dust etc that's gathered. Fortunately there are no signs of fungus.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question, with a 55mm filter ring, which set of lens ring removal rubbers is going to do the job. The sizes listed in the MF Shop don't seem to be right size for the job to me.
Rmoved the rear elemnt and found the coatings are the problem, hmm I wonder if I can polish off the old compound remnants.