Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trioplan 2,9/50 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Trioplan 2,9/50 M42 Reply with quote

I bid for a Trioplan 2,9/50 M42 today and won. Very Happy
Can't wait until the lens will be shipped.
Any new experiences from owners of this lens ?
How is its personality compared to the Domiplan ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp in centre, soft corners, bokeh is similar to Trioplan 100/2.8 - a lot of rings when wide opened, very smooth stopped down. Almost none axial CA...

http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-goerlitz-trioplan-50-2-9-m42-t17174.html

Last edited by no-X on Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Trioplan 2,9/50 M42 Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:
I bid for a Trioplan 2,9/50 M42 today and won. Very Happy
Can't wait until the lens will be shipped.
Any new experiences from owners of this lens ?
How is its personality compared to the Domiplan ?

Both the lenses have the same schame, triplets like the zeiss triotar and pantar, voigtlander voigtar, schneider reomar, etc.

No-x answered almost all.

Good luck

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

@no-X:
I am amazed about the center sharpness in your sample images.

Did anyone compare Domiplan to it (bokeh, sharpness,contrast, ...) ?

How many blades does this Trioplan have ???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked for this many times, but there was no reply. I think Domiplans are more variable in build quality according to experience of other members, but I don't have it.

My M42 Trioplan 50/2.9 is coated, however it's not "V" marked. It has only the "1" mark in triangle. Aperture ring si manual, "clicks" in f-stops f/2.9, f/4, f5.6, f/8, f/11, f16 and f/22. Iris consists of 12 blades. Perfectly round at f/4, but a bit edgy at higher aperture values. Anyway, bokeh isn't affected.

My lens was also equipped with an alu lens hood, but it isn't original, probably. It's old and marked "B+W". Now B+W are Schneider products, but I have no idea, if it's true for >50 years old items...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both lenses, the aluminium body version of the Trioplan, looks like 12 blades on the Trioplan but my eyesight isn't the greatest It's been a while since I used either lens, suppose I should take them for a walk soon to compare results.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjjohnno wrote:
I have both lenses, the aluminium body version of the Trioplan, looks like 12 blades on the Trioplan but my eyesight isn't the greatest It's been a while since I used either lens, suppose I should take them for a walk soon to compare results.

If you can do this, very usefull.

Anyway, it seems that the trioplan is better bokeh and the common good center and so-so borders. Perhaps not.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is also interesting, that this Trioplan has sharper edges than Primoplan beyond f/8.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
It is also interesting, that this Trioplan has sharper edges than Primoplan beyond f/8.

Till I know, the best apertures of the triplets are F/11 and 16. At them, the 3 or 4 elements lenses can beat to the ernostar 5 elements design.

Rino.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens was shipped today.
Here some views. I will do a test over the weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that there is an extension ring mounted on the lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@no-x:
Yes, you were right. I just tried to get to infinity and discovered the ring.
It was a hardly to remove 10mm extension ring. I bought it with an attached Praktica FX2 body. Must have been used as a macro lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you like the size of the lens, my good wife christened our Trioplan Dinky.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenses seem to be full of dust'n'haze ... milky soft images in result?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is clear and without scratches.
The effect was due to extreeme postprocessing of the image.
I shot with 800 ISO under bad light condition and brightened the dark center area to better show the bladeshape (see noise).
Tomorrow I will do some shots and will show them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:

My lens was also equipped with an alu lens hood, but it isn't original, probably. It's old and marked "B+W". Now B+W are Schneider products, but I have no idea, if it's true for >50 years old items...

B+W used to be B+W (Biermann & Weber, company born in 1947), Schneider merged with B+W only recently (1985).