Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 105mm f/2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 105mm f/2,8 Reply with quote

Found this nice lens on Ebay in perfect shape, like new. Tested in my garden at f/2,8.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the green goes out of focus here, and dark, like under water.

The 105 is a very interesting lens, I enjoy how you can get different character out of it depending on aperture

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the 2.8/105 is a great lens! Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesant subject. Nice greens and more clear flower.

I like the dark atmosphere and the mistery around the flower.

WOW this lens. The takumar pre-set 105/2,8 is so good like the super takumar?

Price of the pre-set?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your picture is really stunning, the flower seems to have its low part underwater ...

The 105/2.8 is a really great lens ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work.
The lens performed without flaws.
The photographer even more so.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentax Takumar series of lenses are almost all excellent. This particular lens (the 105) is one of the greats. I own two or three versions myself including the preset, the semi auto and the fully auto aperture versions. I ahev no idaa if the lenses changed in optical design over time just that thay produce wonderful images. here is on I shot on a Panasonic L1 a couple of years ago of a stranger on a bus.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent!!!!

Thank for sharing. Super 3D

Do you remember which version did you use in this wanderfull portrait?

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterm1 wrote:
The Pentax Takumar series of lenses are almost all excellent. This particular lens (the 105) is one of the greats. I own two or three versions myself including the preset, the semi auto and the fully auto aperture versions. I ahev no idaa if the lenses changed in optical design over time just that thay produce wonderful images. here is on I shot on a Panasonic L1 a couple of years ago of a stranger on a bus.

Sharp, great 3D.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I really have to take mine out again. Great shots demonstrating a fine lens

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice sharp portrait. Looks as though there are some fringing issues though which I have noticed on longer Taks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures. Looks like you found a keeper.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who want to know the above photo of mine was shot using the late SMC version and was taken stopped down a bit I think.

Here is another photo I found. Shot at close range wide open to test the bokeh, which is very acceptable good but not perhaps outstanding. (I have the Nikkor 180mm f 2.8 and boy that really sets a high benchmark.)

Here is a comparison shot taken with the great SMC 85mm f1.8. Its Bokeh looks pretty similar to my eye so I certainly do not complain about the 105. In fact some may even prefer the 105 bokeh over the much praised 85mm. Considering that the 105 can usually be bought for maybe a third of the price of the 85, that's quite something.

Finally here is a longer street shot taken at the front of my home at the time, with the 105 wide open (the focus point is the metal gate.) I took this series one day when testing a range of lenses in my courtyard and front garden to see how the Taks compared with each other and with a range of Nikkor lenses. Gotta love those Taks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Nice sharp portrait. Looks as though there are some fringing issues though which I have noticed on longer Taks.

Yes, my SMC Tak 200/4 has the same fringing issues, but that's really the only fault of an otherwise wonderful lens!

Great portrait, btw! I do like the Takumar lenses Smile