Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar / Soligor T4 2.8/105mm compared II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: SMC Takumar / Soligor T4 2.8/105mm compared II Reply with quote

Another round of comparing these two lenses, looking at the bokeh etc and not just sharpness. This time around, sharpness/detail wise, the Takumar edges the Soligor, but I'll leave the rest to everyone's eyes.

I did my best to focus on the same thing for each lens. I note the Soligor consistently has slower shutter speeds than the Tak, probably due more to lighting conditions (clouds) than difference in absolute speed. Though at 5.6 the Soligor maybe has a slightly deeper DOF.

Full size available by clicking on the image, via flickr.

SMC Takumar 2.8/105mm @f/2.8 1/1600

Soligor T4 2.8/105mm @f/2.8 1/1250

SMC Takumar 2.8/105mm @f/5.6 1/320

Soligor T4 2.8/105mm @f/5.6 1/250

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! If I have to pick one, I will pick SMC Tak because the contrast and color delight me (little) more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djmike wrote:
Dang! If I have to pick one, I will pick SMC Tak because the contrast and color delight me (little) more.

I agree.