Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica 28mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Yashica 28mm 2.8 Reply with quote

Nobody seem to be talking about the Yashica 28/2.8 lately. I thank Andy for pitting me onto this lense a year ago. I can't believe how wide 28mm is on the 5DMII after the 40D.

Some flowers around the yard. Had I seen the bug in the crop I'd have used live view and tried to focus on it. To late now.

A heavy duty crop.

I don't do anything without my handsome buddy Maxwell. I used fill flash in the first shot. It makes it look over sharpened but it isn't. Each hair in his beard is white then black then white then black the whole length of it. The flash really makes that stand out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lens seems to do the business nicely Cool

Maxwell is a fabulous looking guy! That breed always look mean and moody cos of them huge eyebrows and moustache Laughing Adorable! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens and very handsome dog ! Congrats for both!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colors and detail, Ron!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Lens seems to do the business nicely Cool

Maxwell is a fabulous looking guy! That breed always look mean and moody cos of them huge eyebrows and moustache Laughing Adorable! Very Happy

Thanks Graham.

The bred was originally bred to be a medium size guard dog, Males are known to be aggressive. As I understand, they have doberman in the bloodlines. Maxwell has a set of teeth that would fit a dog twice his size. With that said, Maxwell is the mildest, most gentle dog I've ever had in my almost 66 years. He would help a stranger lug our house off but they would never get past little Dudley our Welsh terrior.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very nice lens and very handsome dog ! Congrats for both!

Thanks Attila. This is a very under rated lense I think. Its dirt cheap and very high quality. I don't know why more aren't using it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Great colors and detail, Ron!

Thanks Bill.

This lense on the 5DMII seems to work even better than it did on the 40D.
I have to tell you I love the 5DMII. My cousin has a D700. We have taken pictures together. I think his D700 is better at high ISO noise but in resolution their is no contest. Not to find fault with his D700 because its a great camera and I'm sure I would be very happy with it.