Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1937 Delahaye 135M
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: 1937 Delahaye 135M Reply with quote

From the Concours, as read from the placard:

Speed and Beauty à la France

The Delahaye automobile manufacturing company was started by Emile Delahaye in the 1890s in Tours, France. In 1901 a factory was built in Paris where they would start manufacturing their cars. They also licensed their designs to manufacturers in the United States and Germany. In 1934 they were introducing new trucks and cars with new and improved engines. Delahaye around this period of time were known as some of the most beautiful automobiles ever built.

Like most car manufacturing companies, Delahaye tried its hand in racing. In 1937, the Monte Carlo Ralley was won by a Delahaye car. Victories in the racing world sparked a high demand for production cars.

The 1937 Delahaye is a prestigious masterpiece with a strong racing history and heritage. This car is powered by a water-cooled, in-line, 6 cylinder, 3.6 liter engine fitted with a single Solex carburetor coupled to a four speed manual transmission. The car weighs 2,450 pounds and the engine puts out 115 horsepower.

This car was once owned by Jacques 'Frenchy' Harguindeguy, who was famous for collecting, showing and restoring antique cars. Perhaps his greatest accomplishment was winning Best Of Show at the 2000 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance with this beautiful 1937 Delahaye.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a cracking machine!!

Nice shots Craig.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible! Shocked Presented very well! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez that's a beaut, a saddle shoe...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice car shape and story. These old cars surely come from an age when even industrial objects were conceived with aesthetical concerns in mind.
I'm not much keen on the bicolor finishing (I find it tacky) but that's my own taste.
Beautiful photo presentation from your part.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the kind words, everyone.
I am simply in awe of the beauty of these cars, and I waited quite a long
time to get some of the shots. It was worth the wait. Very Happy

martinsmith99 wrote:
Nice shots Craig.
I thank you, Martin.

Attila wrote:
Presented very well! Thanks!
And I thank you, Attila.

Nesster wrote:
Jeez that's a beaut, a saddle shoe...
Haha! That's good! It hadn't occurred to me, but it's a pretty close match. Wink

Orio wrote:
Nice car shape and story. Beautiful photo presentation from your part.
More of my thanks to you, Orio.

As I admire and respect the photography from all of you, I'm very pleased you have found some of my work enjoyable. I appreciate your feedback; it means a great deal to me.