Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Multi-Coated Takumar Fish-Eye f:4/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar Fish-Eye f:4/17 Reply with quote

Hi,

few days ago I could buy this lens in nearly unused condition which I was looking for a long time.

Here some first shots with 1DsMKIII and ISO 50

Thanks for viewing and any comments.

Rolf

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great find ! Very Happy ..... It's been on my "wish list' for quite some time!
Show us some landscapes with this beauty !! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so envious as I'm also looking for this lens (see the marketplace forum)! Great pictures and different from what you normaly see from fisheye lenses.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty wrote:
That is a great find ! Very Happy ..... It's been on my "wish list' for quite some time!

Hi Rusty, at the weekend I have some more time for that.

Btw, my neighbour is also from South Africa - from Durban. He is a professional football player here in the German 1st League. He is also a member of your national football team. Do you know who it is ? Wink

Rolf

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats, good lens.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More More!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the Fish Eye lens Canon EF 15mm is my preffered lens. I believe that 20 or 30 % of all my shots were made with this lens. It is razor sharp * 2 and with the FF cams you can crop up to 100 or 150 % without significant losses. For web or A4 prints it is always enough.

This one has 17 mm and it is also a superb lens. Here are 2 more shots from my wifes garden, the 1st. uncorrected, the 2nd one corrected with a Photoshop plug-in

Rolf

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice , really, nice ! Keep coming them please!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar Fish-Eye f:4/17 Reply with quote

It not the radioactive?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar Fish-Eye f:4/17 Reply with quote

Kamerer wrote:
It not the radioactive?

The Geiger counter ticks continuously Cool

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Super-Multi-Coated Takumar Fish-Eye f:4/17 Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:

The Geiger counter ticks continuously Cool

Nightmare. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Rusty wrote:

Hi Rusty, at the weekend I have some more time for that.

Btw, my neighbour is also from South Africa - from Durban. He is a professional football player here in the German 1st League. He is also a member of your national football team. Do you know who it is ? Wink

Rolf

hhmmm.....I'm a bit rusty on the sports these days , you will have to tell me, maybe i will recognize the name Embarassed

Nice garden by the way !! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Rusty - the name is Delron B.......y Wink

Here are some other shots with the Fish-Eye-Tak

Rolf

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaaf!!

Congratulations! That would be a great lens to have Smile

Where did you find it? Marktplaats?

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this looks fantastic ! more samples please Smile ....

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like an interesting lens. Very Happy

Nice samples.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for your friendly comments.

Here are the last 3 shots from my walk around today. Nice weekend.

Rolf

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What castle is this? Not Doorwerth, I think ... definitely worth a look sometime ...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me understand that - why would you use a 17mm fisheye and then "correct" it to a "normal" rectangular projection? There are 17mm (and shorter 6t/8/10mm) lenses on the market which easily deliver that without that step.

Either I use a fisheye with that special projection (there are several ones btw.) just because of that or I use a rectangular wide angle lens (SMC 15mm comes to mind or Distagon 15mm or...)

Enlighten me please...

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Help me understand that - why would you use a 17mm fisheye and then "correct" it to a "normal" rectangular projection? There are 17mm (and shorter 6t/8/10mm) lenses on the market which easily deliver that without that step.

Either I use a fisheye with that special projection (there are several ones btw.) just because of that or I use a rectangular wide angle lens (SMC 15mm comes to mind or Distagon 15mm or...)

Enlighten me please...

I´m sure that I can´t enlighten you but I can try to explain my point of view.
It is not new that there are a lot of lenses on the market for every aspect and for every situation. So if you have enough money and a Sherpa with you - you can do so. When I read within the different foren, I often find the sentence "Yes, nice lens but I can´t use this lens very often and for that it is to expensive". I feel that this is wrong. It is also wrong that a lot of peope are thinking, that a Fish-Eye is a good lens for landscapes.

The problem is, that many viewer have a "problem" with the - as you said - special projection. That means, you can show only some pictures within a slide show for example, because the special effect will be boring.

On the other side a FF body with a Fish-Eye - for example the EF 15mm - is a very lightweight equipment and in connection with crop and the modern PP programs you will have all capabilities. Razor sharp, special effects, crop capabilities, macro etc. - all in one lens. That´s why I love this lens.

Here are some samples what I mean. Nothing special, some joke shots out of my archive.

All pictures with 5DMkII and Canon Fish-Eye 15mm

With DXO you can change it to that

which is - I agree - in fact not as good as a shot with a high performing 15 mm sww, but with a little bit additional work and crop you will get a good picture.

Another example

and with some crop you will get this one

Rolf

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, understand your point - but what I don't understand is that you toad a $$$$ "lightweight" 5D MkII around, shoot distorted fisheye perspectives just to rectify them in DXO later, which a massive loss of recolution in the corners, which you then crop away to get a somewhat 20mm or so rectilinear image.....

Well, if $$$ is the issue, I would use my Pentax SMC 15mm for that purpose or the Zeiss/Leitz 15mm if not and preserve the 15mm angle of view.

The weight issue I see, but a 3.5/20-21mm Olympus is not that heavy either...

BUT, maybe it is just the fun doing what you do....

I would use my Olympus 2.8/8mm for that, since even rectified and cropped, no other lens can do that (or the 2.8/6mm Nikon when leightweight is needed ... LOL)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, you have to keep in ming that a 15mm fisheye has a much wider field of view than a rectilinear 15mm lens, as explained here.

On a full frame 24x36 camera, a 15mm equisolid projection fisheye (the most common type) covers an angle of 147.5 degrees horizontally, against 100.4 degrees for a rectilinear 15mm lens. That's almost 50% more!

If you "defish" the image, the horizontal field of view remains the same, as only the angles of the image are stretched to "linearize" the perspective rendering. To get the same field of view as a 15mm fisheye, you would have to use a 5.3mm rectilinear lens. Good luck finding one!

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Enlighten me please...

I´m sure that I can´t enlighten you but I can try to explain my point of view.
It is not new that there are a lot of lenses on the market for every aspect and for every situation. So if you have enough money and a Sherpa with you - you can do so. When I read within the different foren, I often find the sentence "Yes, nice lens but I can´t use this lens very often and for that it is to expensive". I feel that this is wrong. It is also wrong that a lot of peope are thinking, that a Fish-Eye is a good lens for landscapes.

The problem is, that many viewer have a "problem" with the - as you said - special projection. That means, you can show only some pictures within a slide show for example, because the special effect will be boring.

On the other side a FF body with a Fish-Eye - for example the EF 15mm - is a very lightweight equipment and in connection with crop and the modern PP programs you will have all capabilities. Razor sharp, special effects, crop capabilities, macro etc. - all in one lens. That´s why I love this lens.

Here are some samples what I mean. Nothing special, some joke shots out of my archive.

All pictures with 5DMkII and Canon Fish-Eye 15mm

With DXO you can change it to that

which is - I agree - in fact not as good as a shot with a high performing 15 mm sww, but with a little bit additional work and crop you will get a good picture.

Another example

and with some crop you will get this one

Rolf

That first image is actually a great image, I prefer over the second image. Smile