Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi-Kogaku Takumar 83mm f/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Asahi-Kogaku Takumar 83mm f/1.9 Reply with quote

So I have this lens, which is a M42 remounted M37 Asahiflex version. Actually the M37 mount is still intact; only a M42>M37 ring was added (fixed with a very small screw).

The pictures below are only trial shots (will try to take more interesting and diverse shots later today). However, I'm very happy with the output of the lens. It's sharp and constrasty, and that for a lens from 1957... Frankly I did expect softer results wide open (more like the 80mm f/1.8 Komura).

Shot in RAW and converted to JPG with Adobe Camera RAW. No PP (contrast etc.) other than resizing directly after converting from RAW and applying USM and the border. Just like I always do Smile

1. F/1.9

2. F/1.9

3. F/1.9

4. F/1.9

5. F/1.9

6. F/1.9

7. F/5.6

8. F/1.9; 100% crop from no. 6.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do want, do want, do want

Seems to have a quite interesting bokeh Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results of a rel. rare lens - congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Finally three simple portraits (wide open) with this lens. I think the 83mm Takumar is as good as anything Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Good one indeed! Congrats for this rare gem! Where did you find it ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I bought this from a known seller (frequently see him on Dutch fairs). As always I usually do not buy on eBay Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Thanks! I bought this from a known seller (frequently see him on Dutch fairs). As always I usually do not buy on eBay Wink

Lucky you if you have this source!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuzki with lens