Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Soligor Lens Reply with quote

Greetings to all!! I'm a new member from the Philippines. I have an old (seldom used) Soligor C/D zoom+macro 95-310mm f5.6 which I want to use on my Nikon D1x. Are there adapters available? Any commnet on this lens will be highly appreciated. Thank you all.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

If your lens has Nikon mount don't need any adapter. I wish to see many pictures from your beautiful country.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome!

If your lens has Nikon mount don't need any adapter. I wish to see many pictures from your beautiful country.

Unfortunately it's not a Nikon mount. It's a PK mount used on old Ricoh cameras. Photos and scenes of our country are on the net. You should visit sometime. You'll never regret it.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case you can't use it without serious modification, better to sell and take another with right mount. Nikon is pretty incompatible with other systems.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor Lens Reply with quote

noel guerrero wrote:
Soligor C/D zoom+macro 95-310mm f5.6 Any commnet on this lens will be highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Reputation is VERY high (better than most 100/300)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Soligor Lens Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
noel guerrero wrote:
Soligor C/D zoom+macro 95-310mm f5.6 Any commnet on this lens will be highly appreciated. Thank you all.

Reputation is VERY high (better than most 100/300)

Thanks. It is actually very clean. The camera it came with is defective though. I believe this lens and pentax has the same mount (PK).

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
In this case you can't use it without serious modification, better to sell and take another with right mount. Nikon is pretty incompatible with other systems.

Again it's unfortunate that I cannot sell it due to sentimental reasons. It used to belong to my late brother who passed away last year. I also have my fathrer's old Mamiya Sekor 500DTL. It came with a 55mm/f1.8 and 135mm/f2.8 prime lens (both M42). I use it now on my Nikon D1x. Takes great photos.

Zoom in and take note of the tiny droplet on his whiskers near his mouth.