Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Concerts with the Kiron 105mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Concerts with the Kiron 105mm Reply with quote

The Kiron is not only an awesome macro and portrait lens, but it handles concerts perfectly aswell:

I took these in the past few days for www.flitz.be

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, all of these are really nice! I don't imagine you used flash, so you
had to shoot fairly wide open, right? Lots of atmosphere with these, I
like them a lot! Smile

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

well, the light was actually pretty good at these concerts, so I had the oppurtunity to use f4 in some cases, a point where the Kiron delivers tack sharp images.

But at 2.8 it's very usable. Once you get to know this lens, it's simply a dream.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Kiron is exceptional lens, I found Tamron SP 90 same good one and more common. Hopefully I will get soon a Micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8 I am curious about really how perform compare with above lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are great.. superb series... as Orio said in other thread, concert is a difficult photography domain.
This lens has gone so high in price, difficult to even think about Confused Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the legendary kiron. Great contrast and color rendition.