Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

All of the T4 lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: All of the T4 lenses? Reply with quote

I believe these are all of the Tokina made T4 lenses from the 1970 to 1974 period. They were collected over a span of about 12 years. Both Soligor and Vivitar branded lenses are represented. There are three 28mm lenses with detail differences, two 35mm lenses one from each brand, two 135s of differing aperture and two 200mm lenses of different optical configuration. Others are 21/3.8, 24/2.8, 105/2.8, 250/4.5, 300/5.5, 400/6.3, 55-135/3.5, 75-260/4.5 and 90-230/4.5. It wouldn't surprise me to find another variation or two!

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, see, I happen to think that's a) beautiful b) a worthwhile accomplishment to be celebrated c) a service to mankind and d) a proper use of money, space and time.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-hoo !

An accomplishment indeed !

And it looks like you have nice ones too, fit for the catalog shot.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was me thinking I had lens issues Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the props guys! It's a shallow but very slippery slope. The T4s kinda opened Pandoras box. Since I've been out of work I've had time to inventory all the lenses. The total I'll classify as embarassing, though I think Luis may be catching up.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a slippery slope isn't it ?

But I tell my wife I'm not spending the cash on cigarettes and beer. And its really an investment, yeah, thats the ticket.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
But I tell my wife I'm not spending the cash on cigarettes and beer.

Warped minds think alike! I've been using that same line of reasoning.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great collection!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is impressive. Are they as minty as they appear?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great collection. you have all weapons on hand now.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nelmu wrote:
That is impressive. Are they as minty as they appear?

No, flattering light. Most are very good to excellent condition except the Viv. 135/2.8. It's a bit scraped up. What impresses me about them is that only one of them has a sticky diaphragm and all are thirty five to forty years old.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!
The bad thing is, that when I see your collection, my mind lusts for more lenses. Very Happy

Great Job!
/Jan

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
It is a slippery slope isn't it ?

But I tell my wife I'm not spending the cash on cigarettes and beer. And its really an investment, yeah, thats the ticket.

I point that out all the time, the beer thing, that is.
@CC. I think you're being overtaken by lens lust. The only way out of it is to reduce your collection and send me some. For free, and you'll feel better all at once.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
I think you're being overtaken by lens lust. The only way out of it is to reduce your collection and send me some. For free, and you'll feel better all at once.

The purge has started. I'm practically giving away a set of genuine Ihagee-Exakta extension tubes for the cost of shipping in "The Marketplace". No takers yet!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning collection... You sir, are indeed a very dedicated man. Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ancientsanskrit wrote:
Stunning collection... You sir, are indeed a very dedicated man. Wink

Ummmmm... It gets worse. I have the TX series too. At least I've managed to avoid Adapt-A-Matic/Adapt-All fever.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil oh the Tx, tha's something I'm very interested in -have more Tx adapters than working lenses at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of T-mounts (not T4) and from your nice collections (I can't seem to notice surface abnormalities), I really have a long way to go. I'll just probably download your pic and just stare at them whenever a T4 mount lens is discussed Smile . Congrats on that collection.
cheers,
gil