Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

To spiralcity - Fujica ST801 w/ Neopan 400, first experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: To spiralcity - Fujica ST801 w/ Neopan 400, first experience Reply with quote

Well! It's been some months since I received this gift from spiralcity and I really have so much to thank him! I didn't have pretty much time to test it around but here I upload some samples. Maybe not great photos but I really like'em. Maybe it's weird, but I've never shot with a SLR before, I'm a "digital era born" guy. The experience IS FANTASTIC! It's such a magic process, shooting rolls, waiting days to see results. In my opinion, I think that the difference between manual SLR and digital is soooooooooooooo big. It's like another type of photography. I'm really gratefull with the world that you just opened to my eyes spiralcity Very Happy (I think my bank will be grateful too in some months, but who cares! (me!)).

Here are some samples I want to share: scanned with 5D & Micro-Nikkor-P, straight from the negative. It's my first time so results are not really ok. Sorry Smile.

Thanks for stopping by!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: To spiralcity - Fujica ST801 w/ Neopan 400, first experi Reply with quote

Hey Cilinderman, the experiment paid off, fantastic!
Especially #1 and 4 are my favourites.

Thank you for sharing. Smile
cilinderman wrote:
It's such a magic process, shooting rolls, waiting days to see results.

Yeah, I like the suspense, the waiting time, for me it's the best.
Sometimes I catch myself, trying to check the histogram at the back of the SLR. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool shots, have this film in 120, haven't used it yet.

Thanks for sharing, even though this was for spiralcity! Wink Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Very cool shots, have this film in 120, haven't used it yet.

Thanks for sharing, even though this was for spiralcity! Wink Smile

It's specially for spiralcity but everyone is very very very welcome!

I'm looking forward to develop myself the B/W films. I cannot describre the feelings when I look at the photos, it's really really special.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a fun cam to use Wink

I assume you used your Zeiss screwmount lenses? Shooting with a Fujinon lens is even better since it's open-aperture metering Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of them were shot with Flektogon 35/2.4 and Pentacon 135/2.8.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinderman,
I just came across this...
Sorry I didnt respond sooner... Embarassed

I hope you like the camera, I see you put it to good use... Smile

I like the roof top shot #3...

I hope you post some more pics, and I sure hope you enjoyed the experience of shooting with film.

Take care, and feel free to drop me a PM anytime.

Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like #3. it looks like it has a certain patina.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome in whole new world ! Isn't that lovely ? Feeling is so much different yes, than shoot on digital. I am so happy many people re-discover film again I hope we able to help a bit to keep alive film.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:

I hope you post some more pics, and I sure hope you enjoyed the experience of shooting with film.

I sure will! I'm just waiting for exams to be over. I grabbed a Yashica Mat 124G so this really looks like it'll be an exciting summer Wink.

I enjoy so much shooting in BW!