Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ensinor Lenses ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Ensinor Lenses ? Reply with quote

I've just picked up an Ensinor Lens. I can find very little info though.

It is 35-135 1:3.5-4.5. 58mm filter Ensinor MC auto zoom.

Made in Japan. M42 mount.

The aperture blades dont move when I press the pin, so I will be opening it up later to have a quick look.

A search just gets a proposal that Ensinor is related to the english Ensign brand - but I am not convinced.

I'll take some pictures later.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know about is the 24mm m42 which is supposed to be very good, don't know who made it, martinsmith99 has got one, he might be able to give a more detailed view, but generally 135mm lenses are all pretty good it seems to be difficult to make a really bad one. Post some pics if you can someone here might be able to recognise it or tell you who made it

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do indeed have the 24mm Ensinor and it is a very good lens on a crop and also on film. I did see a zoom in that rang on efray recently. It was relisted a few times and I must admit I was always tempted but decided against it. Handy focal length for portraits.

I too am at a loss as to who made these lenses, but I've yet to hear a bad report about any of them. I also doubt that they had anthing to do with Ensign, other than both begin with E.

Good luck with the repair and post some examples when you get some use from it.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I'll sort out fixing it and post some pics - too busy with other stuff at the moment.

(and I've just been on the wrong end of root canal treatment so I'm not in the right frame of mind for this stuff. Sad )