Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unknown lens - help needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Unknown lens - help needed Reply with quote

Hello lads,

Been lurking on this forum for quite some time and got some usefull tips and knowledge bu I got to the point wher assistance is needed. I've got some unknown lenses from my friend with no marking. Heres are few things I've managed to notice about the lens:
- There was a red filter screwed in behind rear element.
- Lens seems to be atleast 85mm.
- The flange focal distance is around 35mm.
- It seems like there is no cotings on front element
- Diameter of hread seen on pic#2 is 52mm
- The DOF seems to be shalow
- Leens seems to be bit soft (pic 4 - freelensing with M42-->EOS adapter for focus confirmation)
- Can't shoot anything but macro as I only own 50D, tho focusing to ininity can be possible after modification of rear element and extracting EOS mount from damaged lens

At first sight I thought it could be a part of a night vision scope but after alot of digging couldn't find the answer to my question. if anyone have some info about what this lens is help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown lens - help needed Reply with quote

olmajti wrote:
Hello lads,

Been lurking on this forum for quite some time and got some usefull tips and knowledge bu I got to the point wher assistance is needed. I've got some unknown lenses from my friend with no marking. Heres are few things I've managed to notice about the lens:

Anti spam measure prevents pics showing on 1st post.
PS not all here are lads Smile

Last edited by marcusBMG on Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown lens - help needed Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:

Anti spam measure prevents pics showing on 1st post.
PS not all here are lads Smile

Thanks for help and clearing that out for me Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like the front part of a lens to me Question

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Yes a part of something seems quite likely to me too, as there are no aperture or focusing controls evident.
The lower matt section in photo #2 looks like a fine screw thread (the 52mm bit you refer to I think) this would be where the rest of the lens attaches.

The two little rusty screws either side near the front look as if they are designed to engage in something, but don't look like a lens hood fixing.

I don't think it was designed to mount on a camera, but that doesn't stop you making interesting images with it!

If anything the rear elements seem to be reflecting more than the front ones, so probably completely uncoated optics.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Yes a part of something seems quite likely to me too, as there are no aperture or focusing controls evident.
The lower matt section in photo #2 looks like a fine screw thread (the 52mm bit you refer to I think) this would be where the rest of the lens attaches.

The two little rusty screws either side near the front look as if they are designed to engage in something, but don't look like a lens hood fixing.

I don't think it was designed to mount on a camera, but that doesn't stop you making interesting images with it!

If anything the rear elements seem to be reflecting more than the front ones, so probably completely uncoated optics.

The front element is also reflecting as hell.

The two screws on the side resambles to soviet 1PN58 night vision scope lens cap 'mount' but the overall design is different.

at the first sight I thought its a part of VOMZ TNS-5x52 but it lacks the screws and it looks bit more longer.

either way. thanks for the help. I will definetly have some fun with it Smile