Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlanta Visit with Nikon 24mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Atlanta Visit with Nikon 24mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Last week, I visited Atlanta. You can say the city a capital of South of US (in cultural terms). A mixture of conservatism & free spirit, Big churches & Coca Cola HQ (peak of consumerism), City of CNN and a city which never goes to depression (wide spread economy)...

I used Nikon 24mm f2.8 lens on Canon 350D. The lens is scratched but no impact on quality (I am seeing some flare if capture the light source directly).

Posting some of the hotel pics, (The Georgian Terrace Hotel, a superb architecture).
All are without tripod, high ISO and stretching the limit of hand-held. Most of the pics got shake,

(In first one, intentional Bluish cast.. although I am not liking now).

The Fox Theatre is just in front of the hotel, an American landmark. This landmark was about to be destroyed by one corporation for high rise. But Public outcry saved it.

At airport (I think world's busiest)

Some abstract (try) at airport..

I really like the lens... beauty in itself.. what a construction. I can cry now, If I touch Canon 50/1.8 AF now...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Ballu,
I for one really love the bluish cast on picture #1!
I think it makes the whole difference, creates the atmoshpere, and would be perfect as professional work. and the orange street light (in perfect exposure) adds the necessary chromatic contrast.

Really a winner picture.

EDITED TO ADD:
by the way, I have the lens, and I love it. My only disappointment with it is that I can not mount it on the 5D.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...

Orio wrote:

EDITED TO ADD:
by the way, I have the lens, and I love it. My only disappointment with it is that I can not mount it on the 5D.

and Thanks for providing info wrt 5D compatibility.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ballu!

Really nice pictures. I like 3 and 5 the most.
Seems to be a nice lens!

Carsten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks you are an artist I like your pictures, no exception !