Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Olympia 200/3.3??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Auto Olympia 200/3.3?? Reply with quote

I got this 200/3.3 lens from one of my firend and it's M42 mount and shows "Auto Olympia" with 200/3.3". Made in Japan. All metal but the rubber focus grip with build-in hood. Six blades. I can not find any related information about this in www. Can anyone share this?

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for Promaster 3.3/200 - the same lens under different brand. Average performer

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to sell these under the Continental Optics brand back in the mid 70s. I'm fairly certain they originated with the Makina Optical Co. of Tokyo. Makina lenese were sold with many brands including Makinon, Hanimex and Soligor.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo can see similar products under Prakticar label too, one of the worst lens what I seen. My lens was 24mm one.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens under Kamero brand. If I can find the box, I can take a picture of its optical diagram.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yo can see similar products under Prakticar label too, one of the worst lens what I seen. My lens was 24mm one.

Voytek and Attila are right. The lens is soft at 5.6.

100% crop

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Voytek and Attila are right. The lens is soft at 5.6.

The shot doesn't look right - mine is much sharper at f/3.5! What was the shutter speed?

EDIT: Ah, you shot it at 1/60 s. If this was handheld (no tripod), the lens has nothing to do with the sharpness; it's all camera shake.