Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica IIIa Industar-22 5cm f3.5 Kodak Gold ISO100 Epson V500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Leica IIIa Industar-22 5cm f3.5 Kodak Gold ISO100 Epson V500 Reply with quote

It has no remote cord connection and I didn't know it has a timer or not.
I was deep in trouble how can I make pictures at 1/15 s on light cheap tripod. If you see pretty bad sharpness it is come from this fact and cheap print film never goos as slide for scanning.

Hi-res images are here

Camera made in 1937 , lens around that don't know when.

#1 handheld , untouched

#2 tripod, 1/15 f4 modified contrast

#3 handheld,untouched

#4 handheld,untouched

#5 tripod, 1/15 f4 modified contrast

Last edited by Attila on Mon May 11, 2009 11:12 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Attila,
number 2 and 5 are my favourites, the light is magic.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! It was deep in forest on a sunny day I wish to back with my lovely folder and repeat again on slide.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like the tonality in #4, Attila. One thing about print film, is that thought the colors are muted, they seem very true to life. Of course, I am anxious to see the same types of images from the slide film. Cool

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It surprised me too, not easy to get this result from simple print film.
I think I will make one more series on slide just hard to decide should I use Velvia or Sensia. With Velvia I need a sturdy tripod what I don't have yet and my Sensia 200 slides are pretty crap. Let we see this lens and camera did show it's capability now need to put good slides YES!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, with rangefinder and small format you can shoot at 1/20 quite safely if you hold your camera well
(some people say they can reach 1/10 and 1/5 but I doubt that)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Attila, with rangefinder and small format you can shoot at 1/20 quite safely if you hold your camera well
(some people say they can reach 1/10 and 1/5 but I doubt that)

Shocked I didn't thought ! thanks!