Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena brass lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena brass lenses Reply with quote

I found these two brass lens at my usual antique shop. I did a batter trade plus top up for the lenses. I wish to know more about the lenses, for example, which camera bodies it used to mount, the mount, when the lenses made. Thanks

1. Carl Zeiss Jena DDR Tevidon 2/10. Very heavy lens with aperature and focusing rings or mechanisms.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Carl Zeiss Jena 1.4,5 F-25cm DRP. This lens got front and rear glasses and the aperature blades sandwiched between them. I think its for the field type camera.

Last edited by Krisgage on Mon May 11, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The former is a GDR TV camera lens - some of them are crap, some of them are considered desirable among film students, but I don't know about that particular one. The latter is a 1913 plate camera barrel lens - still ok for large format with a slight vintage look, but at a resolution somewhere in the 10-20lp/mm it is not quite up to hooking it up to 35mm or a even smaller digital sensor unless for special effects.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
The former is a GDR TV camera lens - some of them are crap, some of them are considered desirable among film students, but I don't know about that particular one. The latter is a 1913 plate camera barrel lens - still ok for large format with a slight vintage look, but at a resolution somewhere in the 10-20lp/mm it is not quite up to hooking it up to 35mm or a even smaller digital sensor unless for special effects.

Hi, thanks for your explaination. By the way, what does DRP and DDR means ?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea is this lenses mountable on DSLR Question

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:
Sevo wrote:

Hi, thanks for your explaination. By the way, what does DRP and DDR means ?

DDR is Deutsche Demokratische Republik, also known as GDR (German Democratic Republic) or most commonly among English-speakers, East Germany Wink

DRP seems to stand for Deutsches Reichs Patent, or Imperial German Patent - but that's just what Google told me Laughing

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and congratulations on these amazing-looking pieces of history!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mal !

It seem I got 2 lenses from 2 different era ! Shocked

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris,

The Tevidon is a TV lens. As such it has a very very short register distance, it will probably not reach infinity even on a G1-class (micro-4/3) camera.

The only use I can think of for a lens of such short register is to reverse it and use it as a "super macro."

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orly_andico wrote:
Kris,

The Tevidon is a TV lens. As such it has a very very short register distance, it will probably not reach infinity even on a G1-class (micro-4/3) camera.

The only use I can think of for a lens of such short register is to reverse it and use it as a "super macro."

Thanks ! I did something else for the other brass lenses. Will post it below.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a spoiled Pentacon 50mm lens. I removed the front most of the lens of this Pentacon lens and replaced it with CZJ Tessar front lens.

Here are the photos I shot in that combination. The distance for it to focus is very very short.

My mum

My dad

And with the Tessar lens itself, hand mounted it on my E-510, its the same for the focusing distance. Very very short too and seems blurry.