Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photos taken with lenses century the XIX and XXth.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Photos taken with lenses century the XIX and XXth. Reply with quote

Hi:

Today I have received a small British lens "Rectilineal Rapid" (44 X 38 mm) The patent is of about 1860. The photos are only tests of the lens and they do not try to be good photos.

The third photo, that of the castle, has been taken by 127-4,7 Ektar Kodak for Speed Graphic.

My camera is a Pentax K 200 D provided with an old and cheap bellows Novoflex M 42 (Pentacon).

Bests Regards: David

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great colors, impressive!
maybe low contrast for the castle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Poilu and all the people:

The castle is approximately three miles far in straight line and the vintage lens Ektar 127mm - f: 4,7 of Speed Graphic does not have filter UV, also there was a little of haze: I believe that the result with a modern lens would be equal.

It is fascinating to be able to use these vintage lenses today: the brass rectilineal lens, for his antiquity, might have taken photography during the civil war USA-CSA and the Ektar in the battles of WW 2

Bests Regards: David

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petzval

Amazing for their age and thanks for showing us these interesting samples of lenses most of us have probably never heard of

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Como estas david.
Hi DAvid,
Beautiful Catalunia and beautiful lens, you can try putting a UV filter, and a large hood.
Greetings.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can feel the air on castle mountain top. Nice digital! Laughing