Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay macro tubes pics (Chinon 50mm 1.9)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Ebay macro tubes pics (Chinon 50mm 1.9) Reply with quote

I just received these tubes in the mail so I thought I would give them a go. Used my Chinon 50mm 1.9 for these shots.

Pic of the tubes.

Pic of the subject.

f/1.9

f/2.8

f/4

f/5.6

By f/8 I was in need of more light.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these tubes Nikon F? Could you measure the thread size and pitch?

I've got a set of these chinese tubes for Minolta SR (57mm, 0.75 pitch) and Canon EF (60mm and 0.75 pitch, I think). These can come in handy to adapt all kinds of lenses (the Canon EF fits onto my Rodenstock TV-Heligon 42/0.75 f.i.).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:

I've got a set of these chinese tubes for Minolta SR (57mm, 0.75 pitch) and Canon EF (60mm and 0.75 pitch, I think). These can come in handy to adapt all kinds of lenses (the Canon EF fits onto my Rodenstock TV-Heligon 42/0.75 f.i.).

These tubes are PK, but he sells Nikon F mount also.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
dickb wrote:

I have the same ones in Nikon F mount. Well, they look the same; I don't read Chinese and have not compared them to see if the writing is identical on the box.

Edit: now I have, and the writing and picture is the same

The disadvantage, compared to official Nikon ones, is twofold. Firsly, the aperture is not held open during focussing, so you get a dark viewfinder as you stop down. Second, there is no matt black baffle inside (on mine, its somewhat shiny black metal on the smaller rings and a sort of copper colour for the largest one.)

Last edited by ChrisLilley on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
dickb wrote:

I thought you were using Nikon, my mistake. Anyway, I'm still interested in the size and the pitch. Could you measure this, or compare it to filter sizes (is it wider than m58 f.i.?). Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:

I have the same ones in Nikon F mount. Well, they look the same; I don't read Chinese and have not compared them to see if the writing is identical on the box.

The disadvantage, compared to official Nikon ones, is twofold. Firsly, the aperture is not held open during focussing, so you get a dark viewfinder as you stop down. Second, there is no matt black baffle inside (on mine, its somewhat shiny black metal on the smaller rings and a sort of copper colour for the largest one.)

Could you tell me the thread size and pitch of yours? If identical to the Pentax, Minolta or Canon ones they could make easy adapters for macro applications.

BTW, I haven't (ab)used mine enough to get anything but matte black on the inside of my tubes. For my applications auto aperture coupling is not a benefit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are black inside. Nothing shiny.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:

Could you tell me the thread size and pitch of yours? If identical to the Pentax, Minolta or Canon ones they could make easy adapters for macro applications.

BTW, I haven't (ab)used mine enough to get anything but matte black on the inside of my tubes. For my applications auto aperture coupling is not a benefit.

I have no way to check pitch of the threads. Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:

I have no way to check pitch of the threads. Sorry.

Same here, I don't have whatever instrument is used to measure this.

I did find the box, however, and it has Latin lettering as well as Chinese. It says "Jin She Jie Quan". this posting indicates the screw might be 57mm. I also found a photo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input so far. I would appreciate it if you both could compare the threads on the tubes with a 58mm filter. Please tell me whether the diameter is larger or smaller (if possible by which margin) and whether the pitch is the same. The pitch can be quite tricky to judge, but it helps if you have a filter (0.75) and a Pentax screw M42 (1.0) for comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
Thanks for the input so far. I would appreciate it if you both could compare the threads on the tubes with a 58mm filter. Please tell me whether the diameter is larger or smaller (if possible by which margin) and whether the pitch is the same. The pitch can be quite tricky to judge, but it helps if you have a filter (0.75) and a Pentax screw M42 (1.0) for comparison.

Most of my lenses are 52mm (a couple 72mm) but remembering that the Mir-24 is 58mm, I compared it and the tubes look to be about a millimetre smaller.

The thread pitch looks "similar" to that on a filter. I don't have any M42 lenses for a comparison.

No warranty expressed or implied, etc etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:

I have chinese extension tubes which looks similar (Pentax K mount).

The thread is bigger than 58mm (comparing with a 58mm filter).

Measuring the thread with my calliper gives a diameter of 59,5 mm (don't know about the pitch). As the 58mm filter diameter is measured at 57,5mm using the same method, I'd say that the tube thread is thus 60mm.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. So this suggests that Pentax and Eos tubes are similar and may be the same, and Nikon and Minolta SR also. This may be useful for lens adapting for macro applications.