Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Camera Fair Houten Netherlands 22-03 (today)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Camera Fair Houten Netherlands 22-03 (today) Reply with quote

Forgot about it, so i will not make it to be there today.

there's a huge camera fair in Houten Netherlands today.

If someone is nearby, go there.

http://www.fotografica.nl/foto.htm
(fotografica beurs)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there ... Cool

Too bad i forgot to make any photos.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made some pics, do you want to see them here?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I have made some pics, do you want to see them here?

sure, go on!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here they are... Please bear in mind that I did not take them with the possibility to post them on this forum in mind; I was only testing a Canon 85/1.8 EF USM lens to see how it performed on my 5D (I've never touched a Canon AF lens until then). The first one was taken with a Super-Takumar 50/1.4 though.

Actually, many big names in the collecting world visit the Houten fair. In the past, Jim McKeown (from the well-known McKeown's Price Guide) from the USA was here often to sell and sign his books, and this year Robert Rotoloni was here also (in case you don't know him: he's one of the most respected Nikon collectors).

Actually, the fair is 4-5 times as big as it seems from the photos. So if you cannot control your buying urges: please stay home to protect yourself Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's impressive. It reminds me a bit of Solms but Solms is much smaller.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man - that's really got the blood flowing...there's a big fair on in Berlin on the 19th of April and my brother-in-law and I are there that same weekend so will be attending.

He's just bought his first ever DSLR and I've given him some MF lenses to get him going (have banned all major AF manufacturer's websites from his computer Wink), so we're really looking forward to this outing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Wife and I have been married since 1967. If I went there it would probably be over as soon as the 'plastic' invoices started showing up.

Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whow!
thanks for the pics.
i have surely missed something Crying or Very sad .

next one is 22nd of november. and this time stated clearly in my agenda.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also do not forget the fair in Doesburg, sunday the 23rd of August! This is at least as exciting as the Houten fair, and in the open air (free admission).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

added as well