Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Olympic Sonnar 180mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Olympic Sonnar 180mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

One of my favourite lens, so old and damn good lens.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lens in this condition would be a good companion for the next meeting of the local canonists. Everyone is unpacking their L and whatsoever fullautomaticpointandperfectshopsuperzoom 5-1000mm with an image stabilizer that works even during a stage 12 earthquake. When it comes to the results, they are showing sharp but cold pictures without any soul and ugly bokeh. And then you show the pictures you shoot with an old gem like this one. But I fear even then they didn't see, because there is no red ring around this lens.

I like your pictures very much! Wonderful colours and DOF.

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael! If you see in full size resolution, sharpness is also excellent good as than any close-up lens do. Not bad at all from a 180mm lens.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
A lens in this condition would be a good companion for the next meeting of the local canonists. Everyone is unpacking their L and whatsoever fullautomaticpointandperfectshopsuperzoom 5-1000mm with an image stabilizer that works even during a stage 12 earthquake. When it comes to the results, they are showing sharp but cold pictures without any soul and ugly bokeh. And then you show the pictures you shoot with an old gem like this one. But I fear even then they didn't see, because there is no red ring around this lens.

So funny and true!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

I like your pictures very much! Wonderful colours and DOF.

Michael

You"re making my day Borges, and it's still morning here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sad but true, I would say.