Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Lens Repair Manual for free download!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: CZJ Lens Repair Manual for free download!! Reply with quote

Just found that link: www.prakticavlc2.nl which has the original Carl Zeiss Jena Lens Repair Manual for free download (in 8 sep. pieces - 17MB in total). It is in GERMAN language!!

Files 4-8 are lens drawings, very detailled and even the famous Biotar 75mm is shown in all inner details!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great link. Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forget about the language .... those drawings just take the breath away.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand nothing... neither language nor drawings ! Sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be very useful indeed, cheers Klaus.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! nice find. I understand nothing but it's nice to have

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want share their copy? The link doesn't work anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested too. Thank you in advance.
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few minutes with google I found them. For those who are interested just search for: repmanCZJ Thats all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Got all 8.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google search with easy links to all 8 parts:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www.prakticavlc2.nl+repmanCZJ&hl=en&filter=0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case they get lost again - I've uploaded them to my website and linked to them from my Tech Notes page at http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-27.html - bottom of the page.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great find! Rick, I've bookmarked your site. It looks to be a valuable source for repair information. Wish this sort of thing had been around when I was taking classes in camera repair some 18 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could still get classes 18 years ago? and you're in Houston? i started doing this stuff in Houston, it would be 30 years ago now....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was taking classes (sequentially, there was just one class, but it could be repeated ad infinitum) at a community college in Woodland Hills, California. It was about an 80 mile round tripper for me, but I hung in there for a couple of semesters. The guy who taught the class was a graybeard (literally) who knew the old stuff and had kept abreast of technological changes, so he was current with the new stuff as well. Already by then, it seemed camera repair was becoming a lost art. I'm glad that it has continued to survive, although it would seem that nowadays your average modern repair person would have to have experience in digital circuitry more so than the mechanics of it all.

It was a cool classs. There was very little in the way of lecture. Most of it consisted of us students bringing cameras and lenses in for repair, and then getting directions on how to proceed from the instructor. I actually learned quite a bit following this approach. But two semesters was barely enough to scrach the surface.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got all the files except the second one which seems to hang my Firefox. Maybe the PDF is corrupted. Anyone have that one?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me PM with an email address and I'll send a message with second file attached (only 1MB)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I finally managed to download the file from Rick's site.

Should make for good bedtime reading Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rick_oleson wrote:
Just in case they get lost again - I've uploaded them to my website and linked to them from my Tech Notes page at http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-27.html - bottom of the page.

Indeed, the original site appears to be gone.

Thanks for re-hosting the files! Cool