Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help with 2 manual lenses and DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Need help with 2 manual lenses and DSLR Reply with quote

I found these 2 lenses, and was told they would work with Canon cameras. I knew they wouldn't fit my Canon XS, but went ahead and took them anyway.

Will these work with my XS with a converter or should I give them to someone else that can use them? One is a Vivitar 80-200mm and the other is a Tou/Five Star 75-200mm.

Thanks in advance.

Well I can't get pictures to work. Uploading or posting a link.. Any suggestions?

Last edited by ThePimento on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with 2 manual lenses and DSLR Reply with quote

ThePimento wrote:
I found these 2 lenses, and was told they would work with Canon cameras. I knew they wouldn't fit my Canon XS, but went ahead and took them anyway.

Will these work with my XS with a converter or should I give them to someone else that can use them? One is a Vivitar 80-200mm and the other is a Tou/Five Star 75-200mm.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't answer your question. I'm simply quoting your post in order to reveal the pics. Pics in 1st posts don't show in order to stop spammers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those two lenses will fit Canon SLRs with FL & FD compatible lens mounts. They will not fit the Canon EF/EOS lens mount. And you cannot seem to get adapters. (or if you can, they will not focus to infinity)

You could have a go at converting them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dna is correct.

both of our lenses are the old Canon FD mount and these will not fit the Canon EOS (your XS).

There is no point of buying an expensive FD to EOS adapter (may cost usd50 or more), since you can but 1-2 alternative lenses for usd50.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. You've been very helpful. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're welcome!

We always want to help new members!

What lenses are you after? Some of our members may have some lenses they are not using or want to sell.