Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktina to M42 conversion on an Isco-Göttingen Westanar .
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Praktina to M42 conversion on an Isco-Göttingen Westanar . Reply with quote

This conversion was done on an Isco-Göttingen Westanar 180mm f4.5 in Praktina mount.

Original Praktina mount held down by three screws and comes off easily.

Old Praktina mount on left-proposed new insert (aluminum ring thats of the same diameter as the Praktina mount insert) on the right. I drilled three holes in the insert by lining it up to the holes on the lens.

Please note that insert gets wider - the wider part is the part without any holes drilled. I screwed the insert down nice and snug.

I then capped it off with just the outer part of a M42 Tmount adapter. I screwed the TMount down (with the three set screws).I then mounted the lens on my camera via a M42 to Sony adapter.I checked for infinity focus and how the lens lines up on my camera (I like the focus marker up to the center of the camera). I have a little play room on my insert and can slide the T Mount to M42-in and out about 2mm-to adjust for infinity.

Register distance for Praktina is 50mm so that gives us room ,to adapt non destructively in this case.

The key hardware here was the insert-I found mine in an old desk drawer,and it fit perfectly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat & clean, nice job!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVP wrote:
Neat & clean, nice job!

Great job, indeed ...
Now let's go hunting for these lenses before it's too late Wink ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
SVP wrote:
Neat & clean, nice job!

Great job, indeed ...
Now let's go hunting for these lenses before it's too late Wink ...

You are too late. Many of Praktina lenses already coverted to M42 or Nikon mount. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an adapter for EOS ?
I can lifto off my Praktina mount but then I loose numbers and markings that are on it...