Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biotar 1.5/75
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: CZJ Biotar 1.5/75 Reply with quote

Mediaeval music concert in the castle of Bardi, 5D Mark II in standard resolution video mode (640x480), hand-held:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDMNjJcYHsM

please use HQ button.

Last edited by Orio on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:41 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one.
I know someone suggested a monopod already.
It is a nice advantage. I take one with me in the woods.
It is a super lightweight alternative. For me I just leave it collapsed on the camera until I need it. Not a nuisance in any way.

It looks like you are having fun with the MII.
Now we all want one Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny to see how these movies look with old lenses that were not meant for movie making. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great reportage! and youTube is great for share nice moments with friends

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This strip is quite nice, even in the small format, works better than the other two, I think.

Orio wrote:
It's funny to see how these movies look with old lenses that were not meant for movie making. Smile

The idea of using the 1.5/75 for cine isn't so far fetched, actually. In the USA, Burke & James offered this lens (among many others) in Arri mounts.

Veijo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked the movie very much, that's an old French traditional tune they
are playing, one of my faves by Gabriel Yacoub off his Trad Arr album:

at least it sounds very similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_xBPDS4mC8&feature=PlayList&p=82318594B2030A45&index=4

not Yacoub, but the only thing I could find

Great ensemble, the guy plays a mean recorder and pipes!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Veijo: thanks for the info on the Biotar!

@ Bill: I am sure that you are right about the song. These guys have been specific about the songs they played and gave information. Unfortunately I did not record that info. I have to admit that all these tunes sound more or less the same to me Embarassed but that is me being ignorant Embarassed
They are students of the Conservatory of Parma.
I have more videos of them but I am afraid of being too tedious with them Embarassed so if you are interested let me know, I will youtube them and give you the links (or you can just add my youtube page to your favourites)

@ everyone: I apologize for the bad techinical quality of the shooting of all the videos, in fact it was just experimentation and play for me. I was curious to try the thing with the old lenses Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about the Hollywood? Isnt this lens originally a "movie lens" that leads a double life history?

edit: oh I see you have the mirror clearance problem at infinity with your 28/2... maybe it will work on your 50d Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BAGPIPES!!!!!? That took me by surprise.

Great vid and I liked the music. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:

edit: oh I see you have the mirror clearance problem at infinity with your 28/2

No, no problem with the 2/28.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
BAGPIPES!!!!!? That took me by surprise.

They were a very popular instrument in the Middle Ages. Varieties of it existed all over Europe, with differences relates to the number of pipes, the lenght, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add to this thread your movies made with CZJ Biotar 1.5/75