Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

For Orio - fat alu Biotar 75 with Meyer hood.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: For Orio - fat alu Biotar 75 with Meyer hood. Reply with quote

This is what the setup looks like Orio:

With hood:

Without hood:

The Orestegor 200 hood shown here is 20mm deep including the threads, but if you want something with a larger diameter or deeper, B+W do a nice range of straight metal hoods, but at a price:

http://www.bpluswfilters.co.uk/index.php?page=products&sec=154

The 950, 960 and 970 series are 20mm, 40mm and 12mm deep respectively, but you'll either need to remove the hood after use, or find a suitable push-on cap if you intend to leave it on, as the B+W hoods don't appear to have the means to retain a clip cap.

Alternatively, Alex has a range of flared metal hoods but you'd need to speak to him regarding their dimensions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob !
Wow, your Biotar looks shiny new!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Thanks Bob !
Wow, your Biotar looks shiny new!

It has a few tiny marks here and there on the barrel but a previous owner partly cross-threaded the mount and marked the rear a bit demounting it from whatever they had tried to fit it to. Thankfully I managed to clean up the rear somewhat and repair the threads so it mounts properly.

The main thing is the glass is spotless with absolutely no scratches, marks or fungus - it's like new. I didn't have it on for the above shots but I normally have a B+W UV filter fitted for protection. This is easily my finest manual focus lens and deserves all the protection I can give it, short of not actually using it. Laughing

It goes without saying that you will LOVE your copy once you really get going with it. Despite it's near perfect condition, mine is a permanent fixture in the bag and I use it at every available opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already love it - I shoot some leaves for test and I got an incredible image quality
http://forum.mflenses.com/quick-trial-with-biotar-75-more-trials-t15860.html#134914
Now the only thing that annoys me is that I have to make complicated manoeuvres to focus due to the non locking adapter.