Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Super Takumar 35mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Been spending a few days to learn using a more wideangle lens then the usual 85-135 that I use most often. The lens I have been trying to use is the Super Takumar 35/3.5 and I think it is quite usable for portraits. Some of the shots below.

This one is only cropped and not edited in any way.

I think it works quite well for portraits. However it is a bit too sharp. My solution, keep the targets face out of focus. As seen on the two first pics, it is very sharp, focused on hands, but yet render the face pleasently in the oof area. Thats new, since with the 85, she would have been a bokeh.

Original sizes and stuff found at my flickr.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere congratulations for these shots. I've also been watching your flickr and the portraits with the 105mm Takumar are also great!.

Never thought that a 35mm lens could be used for portrait so successfully.

Kind regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the crop factor of 1.5x helps i guess Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portrait series. Enjoy the model while you can. They reach a point where they say "NO". Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

patrickh