Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Auto 200mm f/3.5 TX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Auto 200mm f/3.5 TX Reply with quote

Today we have very good day for take photos. I picked up one of my latest lenses. I was amaze about this Vivitar lens.

Cropped.

If would like to see more please click here.

Last edited by Attila on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 200mm is one of the most underrated lens. I have little scratched (Not glass, just a coating), and thats the best 200mm I have.
Whats the number of your lens.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you question I attached lens photo itself, to easier identify.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila,
Is this the preset model? I got a Viv 200/3.5 Auto that may be newer:
ser#28604678 (Komine) that doesn't have the little knob on the side, but
does have the pull out hood. Bought it for $17.50USD on ebay! Hope it
performs well, haven't got to try it yet. Today I shot with my Super-Tak
135/3.5 and will have the roll developed tomorrow.

Great pics, Attila!

Bill

ps mine says "AUTO" and takes a 62mm filter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katastrofo wrote:
Attila,
Is this the preset model? I got a Viv 200/3.5 Auto that may be newer:
ser#28604678 (Komine) that doesn't have the little knob on the side, but
does have the pull out hood. Bought it for $17.50USD on ebay! Hope it
performs well, haven't got to try it yet. Today I shot with my Super-Tak
135/3.5 and will have the roll developed tomorrow.

Great pics, Attila!

Bill

ps mine says "AUTO" and takes a 62mm filter

Yes, you have newer model, perhaps same than my other lens

This lens also good performer, but I guess with TX mount is better. I look forward your Takumar experience I had a little while and I sold out, excellent lens good as CZJ Sonnar 135mm.

Last edited by Attila on Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the TX stands for?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
What's the TX stands for?

Sorry I couldn't follow you, please explain a little bit more! Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I have both of these lenses. Mine 37xxx aperture stopped working. Wide open, other one (28xxx) is much sharper. Whats your take...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu,
The 37xxx is made by Tokina and the 28xxx is by Komine, both are
reputable manufacturers. The TX model is made in Texas, I'm kiddin'.

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
Attila, I have both of these lenses. Mine 37xxx aperture stopped working. Wide open, other one (28xxx) is much sharper. Whats your take...

I guess I have both too, this one is 37xx (Tokina) Made in Texas Smile)) another 28xx with Konica mount, I think from my copies Tokina made is better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can finally see your photos, they have been down for me until now (broken link). I like the one with the spheres, the play of the highlights. good idea to shoot that one wide open.

You made a nice capture of theduck, it looks really cute and a nice meal too Wink , but the lens does not seem up to the standard of your eye, I think it lacks detail compared to other similar 200mm duck shots I have seen (a Soligor 200mm one comes to mind)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I can finally see your photos, they have been down for me until now (broken link). I like the one with the spheres, the play of the highlights. good idea to shoot that one wide open.

You made a nice capture of theduck, it looks really cute and a nice meal too Wink , but the lens does not seem up to the standard of your eye, I think it lacks detail compared to other similar 200mm duck shots I have seen (a Soligor 200mm one comes to mind)

Thanks Orio, you have right about duck details. My favorite also the first. I like to play with lights if I can.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Thanks Orio, you have right about duck details. My favorite also the first. I like to play with lights if I can.

Do you have a Jupiter-21M?
They go really cheap. I have several of them because they sell so cheap here. I can buy them for 20 Euros, max. 30 Euros.
It will beat most 200mm lenses that I know of, and I have tried many of them. I made an extensive 200mm test some time ago, and the Jupiter-21M only came second after the CZJ 2.8/200, but ended up very very close to it - and while the CZJ lens wins for bokeh and color, the Jupiter-21 wins for sharpness and almost complete absence of color aberration.
If you think that you can buy a Jupiter-21M for 20 Euros, while a good copy of CZJ costs about 200 Euros, you realize that if you put the price-performance ratio in the picture, the Jupiter-21M is -in my opinion- the 200mm lens to beat.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have Jupiter-21M and CZJ 200mm both I like them. I bought this Vivitar 200mm TX for test purpose and I pretty satisfied result of Vivitar even if it lack details.My favorite 200mm lens is Meyer-Orestegor 200mm f/4 and Tamron SP zooms like 70-210mm variations.CZJ 200mm is a heavy but exceptional good lens, Jupiter-21M is a very good lens but also heavy like CZJ 200mm perhaps this is the reason why not my favorite.