Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Gemini 135mm F2.8 (K mount) ID
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Gemini 135mm F2.8 (K mount) ID Reply with quote

Here's another cheap 135mm I picked up that I'd appreciate some ID info. Again, couldn't find anything on Google.

It's marked as a Gemini Auto 135mm f2.8, SN:811207, 52mm filter thread.

It's engraving tells me it can do up to 1:5 macro. 'Course, 1:5 ain't macro, but that's what it says.

It's K mount, it has a built-in hood (see pic) that telescopes out (cool). Outer appearance resembles some of the Vivitars/Komine/Tokina 135s I've seen online. Lens Made in Japan.

I'd like to post sample pics, but since it's a K mount lens, I need to wait for my K20D to come back from the factory :-p

Thanks for any help!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send some pictures taken with this lens please!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

horvlas wrote:
Send some pictures taken with this lens please!

As you wish! UPS tells me my K20D will be delivered on Thursday! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here are a couple I took today. I really like what I see. Unfortunately, I just realized that this K-mount manual lens won't let me adjust the aperture at all Laughing I guess I'd have to break off the aperture pin thingy in order to use this? Kills me to do permanent damage, though... perhaps this will come right off? ---> just checked, not so easy Sad

Anyway, here we go. All, of course, shot at wide open.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrgh. I don't know what I' talking about. These K-mount lenses stop down fine... I just had to use the green button to meter, then shoot. Stupid me Razz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one looks similar to the Helios 135/2.8 and probably some versions of the Chinon 135/2.8...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
That one looks similar to the Helios 135/2.8 and probably some versions of the Chinon 135/2.8...

The Helios that was made in Japan? Hmmm, interesting... do you know who made the Japanese Helioses? Also Chinon?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Shrek wrote:

The Helios that was made in Japan? Hmmm, interesting... do you know who made the Japanese Helioses? Also Chinon?

On closer inspection, maybe not. They look a bit different:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there came a time in the 80s when SLRs were selling so fast and lensmakers were concentrating on zooms that everyone was buying their 24, 28, 135 and 200 primes from Cosina and Makina and having their name chiseled into the filter ring.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:

On closer inspection, maybe not. They look a bit different:

Yeah, mine doesn't have an A/M switch, and it doesn't like your's has a "Macro" indication (although, again, 1:5 is so not macro, I'm not sure why they even bother mentioning it...)