Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 58mm f/2.4 (heliar)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Takumar 58mm f/2.4 (heliar) Reply with quote

Got this M37 (asahiflex) mount lens in the mail today. Nice look to it; had to hold the lens up against an M42 adapter flange to shoot though, as I don't (yet) have a proper adapter. I like the look of it though. Look forward to doing some proper shooting with it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing! Congrats for this rare gem!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple others:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them pretty much , what is your personal impression ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all these triplet-derivates have very characteristic bokeh, which cannot be found on modern double-gauss lenses... 50/85mm Sonnars and Jupiters, Primoplans, Asahi-Kogaku Takumars, Volna-9...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I like them pretty much , what is your personal impression ?

I quite like it. It's got a unique look, and a soft contrast (I level adjusted some of these, boosting contrast a bit) that could be interesting for some situations.

I'm going to give it some more time (and use it with a proper adapter instead of just holding it up to the flange!) and decide whether or not to keep it (I'm not a collector for collection's sake, so if I don't get good photographic use out of something I move it along Wink).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know if you bored about this lens Wink I am curious too.