Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How much does this two lens worth?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: How much does this two lens worth? Reply with quote

Schneider 135/3,5 et Schacht 135/3,5

and anyone knows theire performance(contrast, highlight, sharpness at fullopen)..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see much publish taken with these lenses. I expect average quality.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not comment specifically but the Schneider name always carries a bit of weight in the photography world. I can't imagine that this is for no reason. I expect a bit above-average in the areas you mention.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much will depend on the mount - M42 always carries more value. Practina is very low value for example.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both. The Schacht are of good optical quality and the schneider is even better. Both suffer from CA wide open though, as many lenses do. As most modest aparture lenses, they are good even wide open. Both my examples of the Schneider have paint coming of. I have read somewhere that this is usual for the finish on Schneiders. Mechanically they are the same. About avarage for the period. 16 blades on the Travenar and 15 on the Tele-Xenar. The Travenar have a special preset aparture, and have a pin in the pack for communication with the body. It will take some time to get used to. I have found myself having to unscrew the lens at many occasions just to pop the pin in the back to be able to stop down. I have the black version of the travenar. I do not know if there are any differences between the two.

Schacht: Wide open, no PP and resized.

Schneider: Wide open, no PP and resized.

Not taken on the same day. Really bad weather with the Travenar which might explain some of the lower contrast.

Hope you enjoy your new aquisitions.

/Jan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both too , black Travenar and Tele-Xenar in M42 . Wormhandler told the essentials ! The Tele-Xenar give not-so-hard-contrasted pictures , which is preferable in some situations (landscape and portraits) They are not in my top five 135mm , but they are made in germany ... my preferred 135mm is the Angenieux , yet it is not my best ...
They can be compared in my 135 collection (over 30 lenses) with Enna Ennalyt 135 , Angenieux , Isco Isconar , Steinheil Cassarit 4,5
At this time my copy of Schacht is unusable, diaph is sticked ...
Very Happy