Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mongrel Macro Mania
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Mongrel Macro Mania Reply with quote

Hi, This is my current macro set-up!

Panasonic L-1, coupled to Unitax bellows via an Olympus 4/3 - Pentax K mount adapter, then completed by the Pentax 2.8 100MM macro (used in manual focus mode) again K mount, all sitting on a pistol grip heavy duty tripod head, and topped with an ancient Minolta flash.

I used the Panasonic in preference to the K10D despite the Pentax K series mount lens and bellows, as the live view is great for macro, esp. using the magnification feature in live view, and the handy grid etc. to make sure I have things level!

The odd thing is.. it all works. I will be using a 50mm A series manual lens when my friend returns it from his 1 week loan of October 2008...

SmileSmileSmile

Doug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting about the flash. Pentax doesn't want you using any old flash on theirs, claiming that they will fry the circuitry.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pentax and Flash

I have used a trusty Minolta AUTO 320x on my K10D for as long as I have had the camera...

It works very very well, and I also use a Gary Fong whale-tail on it too.

The voltage on the Minolta seems well within the tolerance of the Pentax shoe?

There are some charts published on the net giving voltages 'approved' of by the camera makers, and that 'seen' across the contacts on about 200 flashguns...

Doug.

luisalegria wrote:
Interesting about the flash. Pentax doesn't want you using any old flash on theirs, claiming that they will fry the circuitry.