Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Acquisition. Vivitar 90-230 f/4.5 T4 lens 3/12/2009
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: New Acquisition. Vivitar 90-230 f/4.5 T4 lens 3/12/2009 Reply with quote

Got this for $0.99 on ebay, plus shipping. Almost a new lens...pristine condition. I don't know who had it or how they kept it this clean but this is one clean lens. You'll find lots of these on the auction sights and they are almost never sold for more than 20-30 dollars. Quite a bit smaller than it's brother the 75-260...http://forum.mflenses.com/new-lens-acquisition-vivitar-75-260mm-14-5-t4-t15132.html. I'll post some photos taken with it if the sun will ever comes out. This dark and gloomy stuff is driving me crazier.....than I already am.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours certainly looks more pristine than mine - I don't think most people used theirs much, the lens was more a marketing proposition than a photographic one.

However, I love mine at the wide end, where contrast, color and bokeh are very nice. But then, it's silly to carry a 230mm lens with tripod collar just to take pics at 90mm Wink

I look forward to some pics!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Yours certainly looks more pristine than mine - I don't think most people used theirs much, the lens was more a marketing proposition than a photographic one.

However, I love mine at the wide end, where contrast, color and bokeh are very nice. But then, it's silly to carry a 230mm lens with tripod collar just to take pics at 90mm Wink

I look forward to some pics!

There were certainly a lot of them sold in viv,soligor,sears, bushnell and other brands. I do plan on getting some good photos with it. Just gotta get a few that give me a smile and I'll be happy. As to being silly carrying one and only using the 90mm focal length....mamma always said silly is as silly does....I like silly!! Laughing Laughing