Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Biotar T 58/2 M42 17-blades - sold
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: CZJ Biotar T 58/2 M42 17-blades - sold Reply with quote

CZJ Biotar T 58/2 M42 17-blades

This is the rare manual version with 17 blades, which is based on pre-war design, but which was produced for a short time after war (58mm instead of 5.8cm).

optics: free from fungus + haze, a few dust particles, a lot of biotar bubbles, but there are some clearly visible cleaning marks, which can affect contrast (look at the pictures - the last one is taken under cold LED light to make it more visible)
mechanics: blades are OK, aperture ring is smooth, focusing is smooth, but around 1.5-1.7m the ring goes slightly easier (relubing would help, but is not necessary)
cosmetics: no dings and scratches on lens body

€59 + shipping

//ed.: corrected price

Last edited by no-X on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

€54 + shipping

samples:

light source (window) is located in top-right corner

f/2.0 vs. f/2.0 + lens hood (both converted from RAW with the same settings)

f/5.6 vs. f5.6 + lens hood (both converted from RAW with the same settings)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have mail Smile

What kind of a lens hood were you using? I am interested in finding one (or two actually) but am not sure whether "any" standard 49mm screw-in lens hood that doesn't obstruct the angle of view is the way to go or whether there exists a description of what the Biotar 58/2 lens hood originally looked like anywhere on the web.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't the original hood, so I used old hood from Jupiter 37 135mm hand-held (no problem with vignetting). The easiest way would be filter ring adapter. This old biotar version seems to use ~ 39mm filter ring.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold