Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I just bougt this 17mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: I just bougt this 17mm Reply with quote

It just happent Smile

Is it any good or was I compleatly stupid?

Click here to see on Ebay.de

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bought on low price, this lens wasn't good performer on Olympus E-1 , but performed very well on film. I think you will like it on 5D.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice price.
It's not bad f5.6-11. I prefer this one over the Tokina
Both are good for the price they bring.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gets great reviews on the adaptall-2 website.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Average price for this one is about $170 but if it is mint condition , over $200. This lens works very good on my K10D. This is older model of Tamron 17mm, with internal filters - 51B - which is advantage. The bad news is that this lens has custom hood which is necessary to use any polarizing filter, ND, other then internal ones. Lens by itself doesn't have any filter tread, hood does. I think that with this lens you can not use Cokin filter P system, and screw filters are pretty expensive - diameter has to be 82mm. Lens looks fine at the auction picture, you will enjoy it for sure, special for landscape, sunset, sunrise, one sample below. Early spring 2008, foggy and rainy sunrise with Lake Michigan view

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes

Sampel will come.

What about adapter, I will need one to fit Canon 5D, any recommendations?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the later one and am on my second copy now, which is great on an OM and S1. VG on an sd14 but, yes, not so great on an E1 although maybe that's my focussing.
It should love a 5D, but watch out for slight vignetting wide open.

On the sd14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henrik, I think that was a good deal!

I love my (Tokina) Vivitar 3.5/17 and I still do after I have seen shots taken by it on a 5D!!
And if Andy prefers the Tamron over the Tokina model, well, that does tell us how good it must be!

As to the Adapter, you can find A2-EOS-Adapter in the BAY.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Henrik, I think that was a good deal!

I love my (Tokina) Vivitar 3.5/17 and I still do after I have seen shots taken by it on a 5D!!
And if Andy prefers the Tamron over the Tokina model, well, that does tell us how good it must be!

As to the Adapter, you can find A2-EOS-Adapter in the BAY.

So the Vivitar is a Tokina-made lens?
I am waiting for my lens ... i bought a faulty one for a very good price!