Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamrons and Nikons!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Tamrons and Nikons! Reply with quote

Hi all

Having collected a bunch of Tammy AD2 lenses, my dad has asked to try some out specifically for macro work (I think). He has a Nikon D200. My cash strapped mate has also asked if he can borrow an 80-210 to save buying a zoom. He's got a D40.

I'm guessing there shouldn't be any problems as long as the correct mount is purchased? Not being a Nikon man I've done some research and have found AI, AI-E and AI-S mounts amongst others and have found a couple of originals on the net:

An N/AI mount

An AI-E mount

Will either one work? I read somewhere that the D200 should be able to meter, while the D40 won't meter and will need to be used in manual mode...

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm lost in this crazy world of Nikon Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tam adaptall mount for nikon F will work fine on the D200 and D40. The D200 will meter, but the D40 will not. Chimping is easy enough though, especially as you immediately delete a bad exposure. Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
The Tam adaptall mount for nikon F will work fine on the D200 and D40. The D200 will meter, but the D40 will not. Chimping is easy enough though, especially as you immediately delete a bad exposure. Smile Smile

patrickh

Great stuff, thanks for the help. Are you aware of any difference between the mounts listed above or do they all count as Nikon F mount? I'm presuming they all work the same on Digital.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should all work the same. I have a couple of Adaptalls for Nikon and they work on my D70 as well as my D200

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks Seymore, very helpful! Looks like my dad should be fine at least!