Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I really need to get a life...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: I really need to get a life... Reply with quote

Just have a look at my miserable collection and how I'm living! My whole life takes place in this small room...

The trash I have collected...

How many Prakticas does a man need?

Can you say 'Tak'?

More trash...

Kudos to the person who knows what this room actually is...
Laughing

Of course, the stuff is not stored this way, but we (me, wife, 2 children) are in the process of moving to a bigger house in a small village 100kms away. This will take a few more months but I wanted to sort and pack everything properly so I use this room for that purpose in the meantime...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ginormous bragfest in disguise Rolling Eyes

Yeah yeah, I'm envious!!

OK, maybe not the space constraint Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:

LOL, but rest assured: the biggest part of it is just worthless junk... Imagine the number of fake leather photo bags I had to throw away Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This private movie theatre (Wink) looks like paradise to me. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guessed it right! It's indeed a private movie theatre (or better: a Home Theatre). The projector is a BarcoReality 909 with three separate high-resolution CRTs (red, green and blue). I'm projecting in full-HD from a Blu-Ray player.

This is the projector:

At 90 kilos it really is heavy, but the picture quality makes up for it. It still has a better picture than the newest digital 1080p projectors.

But this is the MF lenses forum. The lenses are HD-10L's made by USPL (now a 3M subsidiary) and have larger lenses than my Sigma 500/4.5. The lenses also feature a separate center- and corner focus and the CRTs have a Scheimpflug mechanism to ensure the best sharpness on the whole screen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Like a good photo shop! Congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
You guessed it right! It's indeed a private movie theatre (or better: a Home Theatre). The projector is a BarcoReality 909 with three separate high-resolution CRTs (red, green and blue). I'm projecting in full-HD from a Blu-Ray player.

This is the projector:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

And I guess you can buy it at the price of a nice middleclass car!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

This is the projector:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Actually the original price, including installation, would be somewhere along a price of EUR 100.000 (yes, no typo). It was intended for flight simulators, command control centers, Virtual Reality applications, Planetarium projection etc.

I could only get it because it is from 2002 and depreciated...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you have a lot of stuff. I've some place in my house. I can send you my adress, you pack all Pentax equipment, and send it to me, you'll get more place and less work to move to your new house Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about picking them up for yourself? Laughing

Of course, you will need to give me your credit card for a few hours Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:
Spotmatic wrote:

This is the projector:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Actually the original price, including installation, would be somewhere along a price of EUR 100.000 (yes, no typo). It was intended for flight simulators, command control centers, Virtual Reality applications, Planetarium projection etc.

I could only get it because it is from 2002 and depreciated...

So, as I said: A nice middleclass car TODAY! Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
rawhead wrote:

LOL, but rest assured: the biggest part of it is just worthless junk... Imagine the number of fake leather photo bags I had to throw away Rolling Eyes

I wouldn't mind having some of your junk Cool

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

A laptop at the distance of a coffee table (or on my lap if I'm alone), plus a good stereo, gives an equivalent experience Smile

Anyway, let that room serve as a warning for the rest of us! Helluva collection.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: I really need to get a life... Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:

How many Prakticas does a man need?

All of them!
Razz