Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Iskra, Walk on the centre of Moscow on Thursday.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Iskra, Walk on the centre of Moscow on Thursday. Reply with quote

Iskra, Walk on the centre of Moscow on Thursday. Scanning from pictures in the size 10*15 sm.

Last edited by Kamerer on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating series, and thank you for taking us on your stroll. I particularly like the last one

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice panoramas.
I think it would be interesting for many to know which lenses did you use (if you remember).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:

I think it would be interesting for many to know which lenses did you use (if you remember).

http://forum.mflenses.com/iskra-t15648.html
Industar-58 75mm/3.5; 6*4.5sm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating series! thanks for the visit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! The coloration looks very nostalgic, as if the pictures were taken in the '70s. I like it. I don't know if this was your intention or just the scanners work...

I only spent about 2 days in Moscow when I visited (was primarily in St. Petersburg for the 5 weeks) and never got around the the other side of St. Basil's. To bad, looks like I would have gotten some great pics.

~Marc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen those views of Moscow before - thanks, Sergey.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a slight too much magenta in the scans, probably the scanner didn't "neutralize" completely the film mask, you need to find some neutral point to get the right white balance (I can suggest some concrete or street asphalt). It's a common issue.

The shots are really nice, just like the camera btw, Iskra are almost on par with the best german folders being the Industar lens a Tessar clone.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I don't know if this was your intention or just the scanners work...

I think that it is my primitive tablet (planshet) scanner gives such balance of colour.

themoleman342 wrote:

To bad, looks like I would have gotten some great pics.

I do not have scanner from a film of an average format, therefore more detailed scanning will not turn out. Can sometime be I will make normal scanning in a photolaboratory.

Last edited by Kamerer on Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
There's a slight too much magenta in the scans, probably the scanner didn't "neutralize" completely the film mask, you need to find some neutral point to get the right white balance (I can suggest some concrete or street asphalt). It's a common issue.

Likely you are right, but at me the monitor is not calibrated, therefore I all the same cannot expose precisely balance of white colour. If I will sometime reach a photolaboratory I think they will make scanning with correct colours.

A G Photography wrote:

The shots are really nice, just like the camera btw, Iskra are almost on par with the best german folders being the Industar lens a Tessar clone.

Old lenses have a single-layered enlightenment (coated), therefore do not love the sun in front.