Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How Auto-Takumar lenses were sold back then...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: How Auto-Takumar lenses were sold back then... Reply with quote

I bought this 35mm f/3.5 Auto-Takumar in box more than 10 years ago on eBay. I still like it because it shows how much care was given to new lenses back then. No plastic, just carton, leather and silk. It must have been pure joy to open such a package in the 50's/60's!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I never seen any ! Many thanks for sharing!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hey I never seen any ! Many thanks for sharing!!

Neither do I since I bought it, so I thought it was a good idea to share the pictures on this wonderful forum Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's a very beautiful sight to behold, even in 2009...40 years ago it would have been even better!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a luck you have to have a Takumar in its original box Shocked

One day, I will have one Crying or Very sad I have the very rare 18/11 mint to wait Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
What a luck you have to have a Takumar in its original box Shocked

One day, I will have one Crying or Very sad I have the very rare 18/11 mint to wait Razz

Thanks! Based on your sig you have a great collection of Takumar lenses including the 18mm F-E and 20mm. Congratulations! One day I will have them also Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 20/4.5, it was luck : I saw one in BIN, mint with case + S-M-C 35/3.5 like new in case to, it cost me 143.70€ including shipping Razz
I have some Asahi Pentax boxes, but no from lenses or cameras Rolling Eyes
I have the extension rings in their original box, it's like the lens : carton + silk, maybe I'll post a picture Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love one of those just for the tactile feel of the whole package

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply an awesome packaging ^_^ and a nice small lens. I like a lot the Auto look (with its grey stripe over the body)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the extension tubes :

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. So this is how my Takumar extension tubes and lens looked like when it was delivered. What a shame these boxes tend to get lost along the years.

Great stuff, thank you for posting!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
And the extension tubes :

I have the same box Smile Also one for the microscope adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received a S-M-C 135/2.5 V2 like new in its box Razz I'll try to take the time to take a few pics Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boxed Asahi Pentax equipment :

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, that's a nice kit you have! Especially the 135/2.5; is it indeed the right version?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the bellows 25€ with 6 months warranty, and the S-M-C 135/2.5 (by looking at 3rd pic you can see its a V2, 6/6 construction, the best) was paid 140€, I think I paid the macro rings 10€ Smile