Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Takumar collection ( from 15 to 1000mm )
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think that someone who would have two Takumar 83/1.9 lenses is normal ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Do you think that someone who would have two Takumar 83/1.9 lenses is normal ?

Takumar 83/1.9 is hard to find.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I have two of them Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the 500/5. Only 3 optical formulae remaining (the 150/4 V1 should be *quite* easy to find) to finish the collection of lenses designed for the visible world Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received today a quite rare accessory : the cold shoe clip II in black color Very Happy I will also soon receive the 500/5 and a 150/4 V1. There will be only two optical formulae I don't have : 135-600/6.7 and 1000/8, plus all the achromatic of course but they are the most expensive.

Which one ?

My two Takumar 83/1.9 (M37 and M42), the M37 is much heavier than the M42, and have more aperture blades (18 vs. 10)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received the Takumar 500/5, minty and complete (case, black AOCO front cap), this is an extremely beautiful lens Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small catalogue, quite rare, as it was the first time I saw it (all written in japanese), with an original cover :

BTW, some long lenses :

Left to right :
Super Takumar 300/4
S-M-C Takumar 300/4
Takumar 300/4 V2
Takumar 300/4 V1
Tele-Takumar 300/6.3
S-M-C Takumar/6X7 400/4
Tele-Takumar 400/5.6
S-M-C Takumar 500/4.5
S-M-C Takumar 500/4.5
Takumar 500/5
Tele-Takumar 1000/8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two badges came to me directly from a japanese collector, the pins has been bought in France on Ebay Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 135-600/6.7 Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was that the Australian one?
Quote:
I got a 135-600/6.7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I think nobody was interested because of its odd mount (not M42), but this is not a problem for me : if the Pentax guy were clever, they have designed one part for all the lenses that have this removable rear mount, so I should be able to use the mounts of my 500s and 1000/8 to use the lens Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that one, in fact I used to live in the town where it lives.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I saw it and wondered would you find it...do you consider $600+ au a bargain?
Please show us the results when you have it in your hands.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Yes. I think nobody was interested because of its odd mount (not M42), but this is not a problem for me : if the Pentax guy were clever, they have designed one part for all the lenses that have this removable rear mount, so I should be able to use the mounts of my 500s and 1000/8 to use the lens Smile

How much was the freight bill??!!!
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Very Happy I saw it and wondered would you find it...do you consider $600+ au a bargain?

My snipe was at AU$1000+. I saw the Pentax K version end at more than 500€ each time I saw it on Ebay (maybe 3-4 times). The Takumar I saw only twice, the first time it went for ~700€ or more (more than 1 year ago so I don't remember the exact price), the second time was this lens. As for the 15/3.5, it is rarer than the K mount version, so I was prepared to pay more than the K. I've checked in the bible, it has the 3-claw bayonet, as for the 500/4.5, so I will be able to use it with the mount of the 500/4.5 (I think the Pentax guys were not so dummy, to design as many part as lenses that use this system, instead of designing 2 parts and use it on the different lenses).

Pickles : AU$219 by Air mail, insured. Yes, more than a third of the lens price Shocked

In fact, I just have to found a way to pay it, my bank limit my payments by 500€/week and I've already reached it, altough having all the needed money on the account Confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
mo wrote:

My snipe was at AU$1000+. I saw the Pentax K version end at more than 500€ each time I saw it on Ebay (maybe 3-4 times). The Takumar I saw only twice, the first time it went for ~700€ or more (more than 1 year ago so I don't remember the exact price), the second time was this lens. As for the 15/3.5, it is rarer than the K mount version, so I was prepared to pay more than the K. I've checked in the bible, it has the 3-claw bayonet, as for the 500/4.5, so I will be able to use it with the mount of the 500/4.5 (I think the Pentax guys were not so dummy, to design as many part as lenses that use this system, instead of designing 2 parts and use it on the different lenses).
"MATE"!!!!.....as we say in Australia, your enthusiasm knows absolutely no bounds....you are an absolute legend!!
Cheers, Pickles.
Pickles : AU$219 by Air mail, insured. Yes, more than a third of the lens price Shocked

In fact, I just have to found a way to pay it, my bank limit my payments by 500€/week and I've already reached it, altough having all the needed money on the account Confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got somewhat out of order in my posting!!! CarbonR....I still say that you are somewhat of a legend.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a legend, I don't know, but being absolutely crazy, I've no doubt about that Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AU$1000+
Shocked Shocked
Well you did get a bargain.... although the postage is OUCH!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not check on the aussie post service for the prices, but this does not surprise me, to ship a <10kg package to Australia, with the basic insurance (23€/kg, so less than 230€) it would cost 140€, which is ~AU$193. Well, I saw this lens only once apart from that one, I had the needed money, so I did not want to let it pass so easy to an other Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Carbon, having owned a 135/600 around 15 yrs ago, I'd welcome your opinions on the lens, when you receive/use it.
I didn't use mine much, but I had no complaints about image clarity at any focal length, including when using the close up attachment.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw your review. Did you sold the lens ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Yes, I saw your review. Did you sold the lens ?

Yes, I sold it in the late nineties...it was a K mount. in pretty good shape...I paid $1000 for it....I thought it was a bargain, but believe it or not, when I went to sell it, it was difficult, because, I suppose, no-one had a use for it...I did eventually get my money back....but it took a while.
Nevertheless.......an awesome lens.....a "must have" for any genuine Pentax collector.
Cheers, Pickles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received it today :

But for pictures with the lens, we'll have to wait : it arrived with a non working focusing ring (zoom function operates, but not the focus, as there is someting loose between lens elements), and the rear mount of the 500/4.5 does not fit the 135-600...