Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Velvia / Yashica Mat 124G
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Velvia / Yashica Mat 124G Reply with quote

These are from Dec 23rd, on the New Jersey shore, and it was awful cold. The Yashica Mat reacted by providing double exposures now and then: something in the mechanism just shrank and didn't mesh.

Also, learning to scan these with VueScan was a process.

One of the double exposures I let go (otherwise I'd re-expose covering the lens).

This is the lighthouse as first scanned with VueScan. Not truly realistic - I had the document type as 'transparency' but the other one, I forget what VueScan calls it, "image" perhaps, works better with the Epson 4490.

Here's the same using Epson's scanning software

If this thing works, clicking on a photo should take you to the flickr page where a larger version is available.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly a sharp enough lens. I find velvia requires a touch of reduction in mid and highlights in red and blue channels to get more accurate colour

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are really closing in on perfection with the scanning of the Velvia! I knowk it's a difficult process, but the "corrected" ones are looking very very good.

I am happy to see you using one of my all-time favorite cameras!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Velvia / Yashica Mat 124G Reply with quote

Keith G wrote:

???

I don't understand this - am I missing summat here?

Question Very Happy

It was extreme cold. The Mat started to insist on double exposures - the crank would re-arm the shutter but not advance, or perhaps more accurately the shutter wouldn't re-arm the crank. Perhaps this is a worn sample, perhaps the cold does it - I bought the camera from Mark Hama so in normal weather it's all up to snuff.