Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Zuiko MC 24/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Olympus Zuiko MC 24/2.8 Reply with quote

Got this lens recenlty and to day I had some nice sky to test it out, since I hate winter. Im pretty much blown away by photos by the photos of this tiny lens. Its sharp throughout, and great wide open. I havent had the time to test it against my 17-40 L but i will.
Some examples, straight from camera just resized, both @f8 i think.

BTW, this is the most interesting building in my town Smile

Some edited photos:

3exp HDR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olympus OM .. hard to find weak lens in their products and another truth 24mm lenses usually good ones even from Sigma.. Nice crispy pictures!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Olympus OM .. hard to find weak lens in their products and another truth 24mm lenses usually good ones even from Sigma.. Nice crispy pictures!

This is MC!
The first OM lenses i have were so stunning that i now actively hunt for them. I have only few mc. Even not mc, they are great.

Great photos.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Attila wrote:

This is MC!
The first OM lenses i have were so stunning that i now actively hunt for them. I have only few mc. Even not mc, they are great.

Great photos.

Thanks. This one has MC on the front, I hear they were pretty rare. Its a very very nice lens, great sharpness and contrast even wide open.

Wide open ISO 3200, just resized.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, MC labelled are more rare than others, but no matter any of them just good, even cheapest ones 50mm, 28mm etc I love them all.
I had 24mm f2 in past what is wonderful in Olympus OM lenses, slower ones just good as than faster ones and usually we can pick them up for lot less.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the last manufactured series, a nMC (not labeled as MC).

Lens sharpness is excellent, form factor also, the only faults are to don't have excellent flare resistance (but it's not bad) and to show some distortion. On internet they say that is barrel typed but it's not, at least my copy has moustache distortion that the PS or lightroom slider can't correct. fortunately PTLens is cheap and has a Zuiko 24 profile.

Pretty recent shots, daylight at f8. Night ones f4-f5.6

Last edited by rafa1981 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafa1981 wrote:
I have one of the last manufactured series, a nMC (not labeled as MC).

Lens sharpness is excellent, form factor also, the only faults are to don't have excellent flare resistance (but it's not bad) and to show some distortion. On internet they say that is barrel typed but it's not, at least my copy has moustache distortion that the PS or lightroom slider can't correct. fortunately PTLens is cheap and haves and a Zuiko 24 profile.

Pretty recent shots, daylight at f8. Night ones f4-f5.6

Great shots!

I didnt see any flare problem with this lens, sure you expect some with a wide angle lens. I do keep a lens hood on mine at all times, since the lens is pretty small its no problem.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow really nice! It reminds me of my Pentax K30/2.8 in term or sharpness and rendering.

I just bought a Yashica DS-M 24/2.8 and it's probably in transit right now.

Does any know how is it compared to the Olympus 24/2.8?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, conglats. I have this lens and it is super sharp!!
http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1211122.html#1211122

Last edited by stingOM on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NothingMan wrote:
Great shots!

I didnt see any flare problem with this lens, sure you expect some with a wide angle lens. I do keep a lens hood on mine at all times, since the lens is pretty small its no problem.

I don't mean that it's weak, when it flares it doesn't lose contrast and it is not that prone to flate, it just that it isn't excelent. The Nikkors usually are better lenses to place the sun inside the frame.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one lens I've been trying to hunt down for WAY too long. It goes for a lot nowadays. People have really been picking up on buying this baby. One of the last lenses I'd really like in my lineup.