Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Brilliant early version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Voigtlander Brilliant early version Reply with quote

This is just a long shot:

I have a Voigtlander Brilliant that is the very earliest metal body version with Voigtar f/7.7 lens with zone focussing scale. It's in full working order. However, the film wind-on assembly is missing and I need to find one. All I have in its place is a hole with externally threaded tube sticking out.

This camera is historically important in our family as my grand parents owned it from the mid-1930s. It even has the original leather case and instructions!

I'd really like to restore it to usable condition and take some photos of the family to put in the album with the photos taken with it from the 1930s right up to the 1970s. It is fascinating to me that anyone would have the same camera for all those years in regular use.

If anyone has a completely wrecked Brilliant of that style that has a good wind-on knob assembly, I'd really like to buy it from you Cool Or if you see one in a junk shop or flea market, please bear me in mind Cool

Cheers,
Graham