Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rubinar 300/4.5 Mirror lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Rubinar 300/4.5 Mirror lens Reply with quote

On Pentax K10D.
Some available as bigger sizes if you click on them.

All pics, cropped, sharpened, balanced, tidied up or messed around with no more than I would do normally. No special care or attention was paid to making this lens look more or less than it actually is; ie, this is a user lens.
All pics shot handheld but braced against a pole or stonework - half of them were still unusable. Mirror lenses are shorter, but they're still a sod to get shake-free, even on the K10D, which usually does a good job of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the lens on my wish list , thank you for sharing !

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shooting! My favourite mirror lens Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it for a couple of years - thought I might as well use it Smile
I had to adjust the infinity stop to accomodate the flash overhang on the camera, so now it mounts with a short extension tube.
I tried a couple with the SP 2x telecon on it, but while they yielded a useful image, they weren't all that great. The 2x would be handy if there's nothing else available, and certainly much more portable than dragging the Novoflex around on the bicycle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol indeed, I did give up after once try 2x tc very, very hard to handle it and I didn't get any good shoots.